Why the "New Light" in the July 15 Watchtower?

by Indian Larry 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

It seems to me that in the past large flashes of "new light" have come when the governing body was backed into a corner. For example the multiple re-defining of what a generation is until it ended up the ridiculous "overlapping" meaning.

What is the reason this time? Are they worried because the number of partakers has been going up? Are they in effect demoting the rest of the annointed as a pre-emptive move to ward off any power plays? Is there something else I am missing? Why change at this time? There has to be a good reason

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Are they worried because the number of partakers has been going up? Are they in effect demoting the rest of the annointed as a pre-emptive move to ward off any power plays? Is there something else I am missing? Why change at this time?

This New Light also rids them of the embarrassing pyramidology of Pastor Russell since the F&DS was not appointed until a couple years after his death.

Doc

• whathappened
    whathappened

New light justifies their existence. Without new light, we could feasibly just study the same publications over and over and over. This way the publishing house stays in business.

Another possible explanation is that they are making this religion up as they go. Once it becomes apparent that the doctrine they were previously teaching could not possibly be true, they have to come up with an excuse - new light or progressive revelation.

• matt2414
    matt2414

Since the Governing Body has been wrong about dozens of Scriptures, isn't it likely that they are also misinformed about the "new light" at Proverbs 4:18? For example, based on the number of Witnesses who have left that false religious group after gradually "seeing the light," wouldn't this verse really apply to them, and not as the crutch the GB regularly uses as they continually change their doctrine to save face? Just wondering ...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its called using bullshit to cover over their past bullshit.

• inbetween
    inbetween

personally I think its the growing number of participants at the memorial, which became embarrassing for the cult, since they claimed, that the dwindling number in the past is proof of the nearness of Armageddon.

by pushing "normal" annointed to the same level as the great crowd, they take away some importance of being anointed. Their being somehow special is then really pushed to the future "kingship in heaven". Maybe they hope, this will prevent some from joining the anointed rank, or even not paying any attention to the numbers anymore, since they are pointless. Who cares how many are anointed, since the FDS is not made up of them anymore.

• watson
    watson

It's all a "loyalty test".

• erbie
    erbie

It is also called 'moving the goal posts'.

And I've seen them do it way too often to afford them any credibility in the future.

False prophets (profit$) make false prophesies I guess

• SadElder
    SadElder

They have been trying to institute this "teaching" for some time. Some of the old guard were opposed to this. For example: The ones pushing for this told Dan Sydlik to stop opposing the change as he was standing in the way of a benevolent dictatorship. Of course most of the present GB were minions of Ted (The Boss) Jaracz a principal supporter of this concept.

It's all about control. Just greed in another form.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

In a nutshell? The embarassing continued increase of "anointed" partakers at the memorial!

To use George Orwell's Animal Farm edict: "All anointed are equal, but some are more equal than others."

They have to be marginalised as being 'surplus to requirements', and just bystanders as far as "feeding" goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit