Posting smutty comments

by Simon 38 Replies latest forum announcements

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Lets stay on topic, we don'y want this thread turning into a boyish revelry of obnoxious noises, and obscene bodily functions related to the waste removal and methane gas releases useing improper edicate.*

*frankie of the moral high ground class.

• bigmac
    bigmac

so do i take it its ok to say fart---?

which smut words arent acceptable ?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I totally agree with Simon. I have noticed the problem "creeps up" gradually. And, I see the sarcasm of those here who are annoyed by Simon having to bring up the issue again.

It seems that only a few short years ago, this board was turning into a cesspool of garbage and Simon stepped in and stopped it. Some people decided to leave the forum because they didn't get their "way".

I have seen the pure garbage that other various forums have turned into with vile insults and then all the sexual garbage (from soup to nuts). The forums are then rendered useless for real discussion.

The real reason this forum is valuable is because there are restraints.

• minimus
    minimus

I miss all the good stuff, I guess.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

simon:

Only if you mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Then we will fart in your general direction before taunting you some more.

--

Can we talk about the air speed velocity of unladen swallows? African or European?

• Glander
    Glander

I must say I am somewhat confused as to Simons definition of the difference between smut and adult banter. It seems a blurry line.

Seems so subjective that it just comes down to "wait and see what happens to your post". That's kind of off putting when you realize you are trying to comply with a vague concept. I guess it is a matter of Simon saying, "I know it when I see it".

Simon, you recently posted clips of very explicit condom commercials. They were funny. But I must say it adds to my confusion.

Suggestion - when you make the decision to omit a post that crosses your border line, unless it is blatantly obvious, why not a simple PM to the poster ? At least the poster could learn and try to comply.

Otherwise it just comes across as imperious.

• Simon
    Simon

I think most sensible and reasonable people can recognise the difference and appreciate the reasons for not having the site degrade into smut, innuendo and nonsesne.

Those who cannot should not expect us to spend our time running around after them and getting into debates about why something should or shouldn't have been removed. If it's been removed then take that as notice that it was deemed to be unacceptable.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's not that any topics are off limits, it's interjecting smutty comments into topics that have nothing to do with sex. I don't mind the sex topics, but I do not like it when I am on a particular thread that has nothing to do with sex, and someone adds off topic sexual comments. It's weird, and I think Simon is right to object to it. Not everyone appreciates that kind of thing and it appears it is being used for shock value and not to add anything to the topic.

• talesin
    talesin

Smutty comments.

haha, there! I posted it.

Seriously, though, I was getting sick to death of ppl constantly posting that masturbation video - sophmoric behaviour may be hilarious to high schoolers, but it was just annoying to see it posted over and over.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit