JWs and E-Cigs

by TheClarinetist 15 Replies latest jw friends

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

The other night, two of my JW coworkers were sitting out enjoying an E-Cig with one of my other coworkers. I knew from earlier that there was tobacco (well, nicotine) in it. Out of curiousity, I did some minor digging with my Worldlyâ„¢ coworkers and am pretty darn sure that these guys aren't doing anything else questionable... Are active JWs allowed to smoke E-Cigs now, or did I just witness some extremely minor teenage rebellion?

Also, if you're going to do something that could get you in trouble, why the hell would you do it in a public place where everyone knows who/where you are and other JWs from your congregation can pop in at any time?

• sinis
    sinis

No they are not. Nicotine is considered a DRUG, and one that invokes spiritism. That would be a DFing matter... I'm sure they would plead ignorance, but WTS doctrine is that NICOTINE is pharmakeia...

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Def a disfellowhipping offense.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

i coulda swore it was the act of smoking that was "linked to spiritism" and nicotine was just addictive and bad for your health...can anybody confirm?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Smoking e-Cigs just for fun doesn't really make any sense. Who looks 'cool' smoking an e-Cig? It's like someone chewing nicotine gum because they like the flavour.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea just like chewing tobacco

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

E-Cigs look real(ish).

The WTS would forbid them for that reason alone, even if they were the healthiest damn things on the planet.

It's about presenting a certain image to the "World" (and potential recruits).

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

i'm sure it will, in a few years, be a DFing offence. the 8 popes of Brooklyn will hand down their 'judicial decision' soon.

• wordyword
    wordyword

It is definitely a disfellowshiping offence. I fell off the wagon, used patches and was disfellowshipped anyway for not relying on Jehovah.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    wordyword - "I fell off the wagon, used patches and was disfellowshipped..."

There's a facepalm moment if I ever heard of one.

The guys on your JC must absolutely love the "Brazen conduct" blanket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit