JWs and E-Cigs

by TheClarinetist 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Definitely DF offense. As mentioned, nicotine patches or gum is 'bad' too.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

First I've heard the spiritism link, any wt's on that? Interesting.

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

didnt geehover create tobacco and marijuana,and poppies and mushrooms antd alcohol and cocoa leaves,werent they in the garden of eden?wouldnt they be in a perfect earth?surely such a loving god wouldnt put such evil things for us to enjoy would he?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    infernosdante - "didnt geehover create tobacco and marijuana,and poppies and mushrooms antd alcohol and cocoa leaves,werent they in the garden of eden?wouldnt they be in a perfect earth?surely such a loving god wouldnt put such evil things for us to enjoy would he?"

I just got this weird image in my head of Adam and Eve lighting up a bong underneath the Tree of Knowledge...

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

iceltic here is a quote ( thank you Blondie)

*** w73 6/1 pp. 338-339 pars. 14-15 Keeping God’s Congregation Clean in the Time of His Judgment ***

Do, then, persons who have not broken their addiction to tobacco qualify for baptism?

15 The Scriptural evidence points to the conclusion that they do not. As has been explained in other issues of this magazine, the Greek word phar·ma·ki′a used by Bible writers and translated “practice of spiritism” or “spiritistic practices” has the initial meaning of “druggery.” (Gal. 5:20; Rev. 9:21) The term came to refer to spiritistic practices because of the close connection between the use of drugs and spiritism. Tobacco was also used initially by the American Indians in this way. It can properly be placed, therefore, in the category of addictive drugs like those that provided the source for the Greek term phar·ma·ki′a.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

So since marijuana is not addictive is it ok????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit