I missed a lot of TV over the last 30 years

by sosoconfused 35 Replies latest social entertainment

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I use to be a Java Developer for years so my inner geek is there. When does big bang come on?

I did watch the office before. I loooooove that show.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

My wife was looking at a rerun of a show called Big Brother... so I googled it while I am in the office and found out that 2 girls are getting fired from their real life jobs over comments they made on the show. Is it really that serious LOL?

I need to be tuned in to more of this fun stuff

• Simon
    Simon

I can recommend all of:

• Dexter
    • Game of Thrones
    • The Newsroom
    • The Walking Dead
    • Vikings

For some reason, American comedy has never struck a chord with us. I watch Seinfeld and it just isn't funny. The US Office is just annoying and too over-the-top characters (the original UK one was tons better).

I can't decide if UK comedy really is just insanely awesome or you're just used to certain things and comedy doesn't translate as well. So many good shows over the years and things we miss now.

• talesin
    talesin

Big Bang is, I think, on CBS ............. but it's in reruns all over the place. If you're in the US, you can pick it up any old time. Same with The Office. :P

I love good comedy .......... Frasier is another fav..... I think Mad Men is a great series, but you do have to keep up with the plot and characters ... if you enjoy drama, another one that I've been watching (I'm only into season 3) is The Good Wife......... evening drama at its best!

Dunno if you are into cooking, but Gordon Ramsay, a chef, has some cool shows as well.

lol, I've been stuck in the house for 3 years + now, and I don't LOVE television, but I've had to turn to that for some distraction ..... do enjoy some shows, although I find TV is mostly a wasteland. I also like to watch "Pawn Stars",,, but lol, I was a pawnbroker for 10 years, so that makes sense.

later,

tal

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I should have asked you guys about this earlier LOL.

I now have so many days a week to just relax - it is amazing!

• talesin
    talesin

If you like history, there was a GREAT show called "The Tudors" ........ look it up online. I'm sure you can download it on a torrent, but that is really good historical fiction.

xx

:)

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Downton Abbey.

Big Bang Theory.

If you're subscribed to Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu, there are scores of good series and movies to catch up on.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I've never watched the US The Office except for maybe 2 mins at most, I didn't like what I saw and it put me off. Alan Partridge and Saxondale are two comedies I loved. The bbc 6 parter 'The Trip' was outstanding as well.

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

i reccomend my all time favorite Dr.who on the bbc america and grim on nbc

• villagegirl
    villagegirl
    I have been watching the History channel and the discovery channel so much
    over the last few months that it is amazing. It has caused me to go and get books
    I would never have read, as well as research things I never would have been interested in.

Seriously ? The Watchtower discourages watching the History Channel and Discovery

and Knowledge Network ? Do the forbid PBS ? is TV a forbidden zone ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit