I missed a lot of TV over the last 30 years

by sosoconfused 35 Replies latest social entertainment

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Since I have stopped attending meetings I have realized that there are alot of good t.v. shows that I have missed as well as channels that I would not watch because they would no doubt be in opposition to the scriptures(har har).

I have been watching the History channel and the discovery channel so much over the last few months that it is amazing. It has caused me to go and get books I would never have read, as well as research things I never would have been interested in.

However now I need some truly mind-numbing shows to watch as well. ANy ideas are greatly appreciated. (I also watched reruns of TrueBlood, but I was afraid to go to sleep after :(

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I love the show Dexter. Its about a serial killer that only kills people that deserve it. Its currently running in its final season.

I know a lot of people like Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

Those aren't mindless though. Walking Dead is kind of a mindless show. Lots of zombie killing.

If you are looking for comedy, I suggest watching through the Arrested Development series. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is always great for a laugh.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Yes Comedy is the wway to go for me. I still am scared when watching things with monsters etc... I am afraid of something but I don't know what. LOL

Thanks for the suggestions. Mad Men is also fun because the Hendricks woman is insanely top heavy. I have no idea what it is really about except that I want to be there.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I watched the first season of Mad Men. I never got into like other people do but apparently the drama is really good.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Dexter is a great show! It took me about three episodes to get over the idea, and I was hooked.

I missed quite a bit of TV myself. I wasn't allowed to watch such stellar shows as "Dark Shadows", "The Flying Nun", or "Bewitched". When I had the chance, I wasn't that interested. I wonder why................

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Breaking bad

The Americans

The Vikings

Game of Thrones (it drags a bit but good)

Hannibal

Homeland

The Walking Dead (although it could be better, I still like it)

The Killing (the original is best but US version is good too)

The Bridge (outstanding. There's a US remake coming soon too)

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

My wife watches Dexter... she likes it so much but I have yet to watch it.

What is Game of Thrones

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Game of Thrones is a tv adaptation of George R R Martins fantasy novels. It's HBO which is normally good quality.

if its comedy yo are after it's hard to beat Curb Your Enthusiasm.

• talesin
    talesin

If you like comedy, Big Bang Theory is a must! And if you can identify with being a geek, you will love it even more.

Also, reruns of The Office ... those shows are pretty much universally liked... enjoy your freedom. :))

Breaking Bad is a good drama, and ones you may have missed but can watch online .... The Shield is a riveting cop show, if you like those.... it's a must see, and I liked OZ - omg, one of the best shows I've ever watched.

xo

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Another excellent series is Wallander, both the Swedish and UK remake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit