Manhattan Project Arrives in London

by scotinsw 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Last Friday and Saturday I saw the new Manhattan Project carts in a few places in London.

One, smack back in the middle of the street outside one of the busy central london train stations is asking for trouble! Situating it in the middle of the pavement!?! Are they crazy? Talk about obstruction! The literature was there for the taking so maybe I'll go take some! I'd rather they count a placement than someone being trapped into their cult.

Alsonsaw one on a residential street corner and another one outside a shopping centre. I'm sure that they were on the premises of the shopping centre. Not sure they know what the dubs are all about and how they could be defined as a hate group with their "mentally diseased" view of apostates.

Anyone else in the UK seen the new stands?

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe tell us what the "Manhattan Project" is? I presume it's not making atom-bombs on street corners !

• jgnat
  • Splash
    Splash

Rolly carts!!

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

It's the one where they have a stand on the street. I know it advertises jw.org and free bible studies.

There have been previous threads about it when it started in NYC.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/218409/1/JW-Manhattan-Project

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Thanks Jgnat! On ipad and finding it difficult to link!

• cedars
    cedars

The Manhattan Project, unnervingly named after the project to develop an atom bomb, is the name of the Society's push to put literature stands in cities.

I saw an amateur video of the stands in Birmingham, but it has since been taken down from YouTube.

Atlantis has circulated material indicating that literature stands can now be ordered by certain US congregations from the Society for a fixed price of $47 per cart (not including printed signage, which is ordered seperately).

Cedars

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

My idea was that as the literature is daily accessible at a busy location it would be easy to just take if. Of course, the dubs will think its wonderful that they have placed literature but it will be going straight in the nearest recycling bin!

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, help yourself and then take it to the local recycling depot.

• cedars
    cedars

This is from page 5 of the July Kingdom Ministry...

How the Witnessing Is Done: Those involved in special metropolitan public witnessing usually wait for someone to come to the table or mobile display. When someone approaches, he is invited to take any literature that interests him. The pioneers gladly answer from the Scriptures any questions he may have. If he takes literature, the pioneers do not mention the donation arrangement. But if he inquires about how our work is funded, they may explain that donations can be sent to the address listed in the literature. When possible, they ask: “Would you like someone to visit your home?” or “Are you aware that a free Bible study comes with that publication?

Interesting how the insinuation is to be made that a free Bible study is ONLY available if you pick up a piece of literature.

Clever sales trick.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit