Bible printing, a loss of money for the WTS

by oppostate 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Why get the NWT when you can get the Oxford Study Bible at Half Price Books for about 10 bucks?v

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Why get any Bible, when you can get one of these?

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@Billy the Ex-Bethelite And THIS is why we love you. LOL.

• clarity
    clarity

bump

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

How did I miss this? So, the RNWT wasn't really that well kept of a secret after all!

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Yep and it's all about money...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I can understand oppostate being miffed that we ignored his thread and then acted really surprised by later threads on the same subject :) Well, my excuse is that I was away from the forum for a few months at the time, I don't know what you guys' is ;)

It was revealed at the AGM that trial versions of the Bibles had been getting tested in the previous months, but I didn't think they meant with the new text in them, just the new binding. But I guess it makes sense; they were in the midst of ramping up production on the new NWT and printing them in large volume, so printing a few old NWTs with the new binding wouldn't have been practical. Not surprising that they recalled them in order to increase the surprise factor when they were officially debuted.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Marked

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Did these trial Bibles have the new text or the old text?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, he said in his second post that the brackets had been removed, so I assume that the other changes were made as well and he just didn't have time to notice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit