Why didnt Jehovah give any science or technology to the jews...

by mP 33 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

Ive asked a few JWs and other believers why God never gave technology to his people but no one has been able to answer this. Why are his people copying the pagans. Their writing system without vowels means they couldnt even write his holy name down accurately. Why did jehovah not rectify this if accuracy of his name was so important ? I know about the nikkud points(???) but they are a later invention, in the beginning there were no vowels.

Why didnt Jehovah show his grand intelligence by giving technology to the jewish people ?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cuz, god was their miracle worker. If they needed running water - poof, god gave them running water. If they hankered for kentucky fried quail - poof, god made kfq for them. If they wanted computers - poof, god killed them. Unappreciative lot, that they were.

S

• mP
    mP

@Satanus

Why did god kill them for wanting computers, i dont appreciate that bit. Surely a computer can help his people read about the bible.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, i know. It doesn't make sense. If the smartest god of the universes was teaching the jews, they should have had all kinds of super tech. Instead, jews couldn't even accomplish putting together an empire.

S

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

adding this question to my utility belt!

• prologos
    prologos

Fiddler on the roof:

" We are the chosen people, -- sometimes I wish God would choose somebody else"

The lesson from the elusive creator is:

I gave you a start, now follow my example

and WORK AT IT.

god gave them no oil, that now gushes in the country around UR,

be put them between a rock and a hard place, Egypt and AS syria, babylon,

alowed them to be marginalized in medivial Europe.

but look at the Jewish contribution to Civilisation. Science.

A reform Rabbi said to me once in the door2door service,

"--WE dont believe in a messiah , but a messianic AGE and the hebrews will play a significant part in that--".

He did not need my magazines to educate himself.

Work at it, it is good for you.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I gave you a start, now follow my example

What start? What example?

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

I'm wondering do we even need all this technology.. we now have all the science and tech in the world yet we still can not construct anything like the ancient pyramids. Something is missing. They had knowledge and technology in the past that we no longer have today. As though humanity has been deliberately set back for our own good and because we can not be trusted with any of it. Who taught humanity these things? The book of Enoch says fallen angels did. What are your thoughts on that?

Two colossal and arresting events come to mind.. and both brought about by God himself. The flood.. and Babel. Both deliberately designed to stop men dead in their tracks.

Why does the society conspicuously avoid all and any discussion of things like this?

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/secretsoc/secretsoc05.htm

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

we now have all the science and tech in the world yet we still can not construct anything like the ancient pyramids.

Neither of those things is true.

• prologos
    prologos

EP the universe started. its proven

it might have come "out of the Quantum fluctuations of space" quoting from LM Krauss "a universe from nothing"

fluctuations that happen in time, with time, during time and times to the second power (acceleration)

All a sign of work.

to little me, a SURE sign of a worker,

a shy and elusive worker. which is entirey possible.

take care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit