Blast from the Past

by Athanasius 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I knew a sister who had not attended a meeting in 10 years. And she would council me on how she never regretted forcing herself to meetings because she always felt better afterwards

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Athanasias, Just another heart-breaking situation, dealing with dubs. Sounds like she is trying to protect her image. Alice's loss, not yours.

I recently emailed a Bro from my old congo I haven't talked to since he started Uni in 1968. He was an honest hearted and thinking person. He emailed me back. In the second email I told him I was a fader. He left WT because he didn't believe the Bible stories on Creation, or The Flood. His children have gone to Uni, he has had a good life, now partially retired, but he has a good retirement, that he carefully planned for.

I emailed a sister recently. We were baptized together with 4 other sisters 50 years ago. She is a hypocrite but shuns me, because I am not active.

My sister got baptized 50 years ago with us too. She is the biggest hypocrite and shuns me because I am not active.

The JW's are full of nice people mixed with evil, cruel, abusive ones and many hypocrites. But, they are ALL Watchtower Drones.

Just Lois

• Scully
  • Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Scully. I liked your final reply to your former JW friend. It was very fitting. I think that the JWs who lead double lives have a more difficult time leaving the cult than those who are more honest about their JW activity.

I don't plan to reply to Alice's last message because this was the message I sent in answer to her question if I was still a JW:

"Hi Alice,

Why do you ask? After all you contacted me. But in answer to your question: I've been inactive since 1984. So I guess the answer would be no.

If you are still a JW, then I understand your concern and have no hard feelings if you choose to discontinue conversation.

Cheers,

Athanasius"

As I mentioned earlier, Alice led a double live when I knew her and it doesn't look like she has changed. My quess is that she will go down with the JW cult, even though by Watchtower rules she won't make it into paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit