Lett and his instruction in KMS

by JWdaughter 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    To me he seems like a retard. All that fake enthusiasm in him. A true caricature of a man.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Even if his mother was deaf i have no more respect for how he speaks. Lett himself is not and should easily understand thats not a "normal" or standard way of communicating amongst the hearing
  • stillin
    stillin
    It would be embarrassing if I cared about how a leader of "my people" represented himself on the public stage. Strange that others on the GB refuse to see that.
  • steve2
    steve2

Few people "see" what is right in front of their eyes, as many social research experiments show.

Most JWs see Lett through the lens of his being one of the GB. All their perceptions are filtered through that. Conversely, if he ever developed apostate "tendencies", suddenly most Witnesses would retrospectively view his over-done mannerisms in a very negative light and start "seeing" the facial excesses that have been there all along. Their observations would not be so dissimilar to ours - but for different reasons.

Fact is, we humans filter what we see and hear through our preconceptions, expectations and biases.

Let me guess: If Lett ever apostasizes, all of a sudden many posters here will see him in a different and much more favorable light and not be so preoccupied with his rubberized countenance and glacial speech rate.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"Mah murma alwayz uzed tah say, life is liiike a box a chacalates!".....

Yep, I see the similarities.....

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Steve2: If Lett ever apostasizes, all of a sudden many posters here will see him in a different and much more favorable light and not be so preoccupied with his rubberized countenance and glacial speech rate.

No, even if he starts posting here with vitriolic rants against his former brethren I'll still think he's an idiot.

Stupid is as stupid does.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Lett seems like a charicature. He is so strange-I cringe when I watch him speak.Its as ifhe was once given advice to speak slowly and clearly and now he just talks like a cartoon. He creeps me out. How did he ever get to that position when he is just so disturbing to even look at with the volume off? And LORD, when I put the volume on,its just 10x worse.

Of course you know what the JW retort to your comment would be:

1 Corinthians 1:27 "Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful."

Acts 4:13 "Now when the Jewish leaders saw the boldness of Peter and John and found out that they were uneducated and ordinary men, they were amazed and realized that they had been with Jesus. "
  • Splash
    Splash
    I couldn't find the version for adults, only the simplified version for juveniles, performed by a clown.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Mah murma alwayz uzed tah say, life is liiike a box a chacalates!".....

Yep, I see the similarities.....stuckinarut2

...........................................................................Chocolates Are My Friend!..

Image result for life is like a box of chocolates..........Image result for Watchtower Stephen lett

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Steve i really appreciate what you said regarding the filter through we see and percive things and people and largely i agree.... But i thought was a rubber faced buffon when i was staunch believer. Weird is weird in this case ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit