Passed my Post Grad with 'Outstanding' grade! Shows it's never too late.

by Lozhasleft 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I've just had the official results on my PGCE. I'm not posting here to boast, but to encourage any who may have abandoned education because of the pressure as a JW, and who may feel that it's too late to return and achieve such goals. In the 1980s I stopped halfway through my B.Ed Honours and accepted a Dip.H.E. so that I could 'pursue kingdom goals' after baptism. I regretted that decision so often in the years that followed.

After being Dfd in 2007 I finally saw the WTBS for what it was. I've lost a great deal, but I rebuilt my life, remarried and went back to Uni in 2009 graduating with a First Class Honours degree in 2012 at 60 years of age. And now I have just gained a PGCE after a year's post grad study in education.

I can't even put into words how wonderful this feels. I would advise anyone contemplating to go for it!

Loz x

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing this proof that there is life after WT!

The best is yet to be ...

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

LozHasLeft Yay!!! That is Fantastic. I am so happy and proud for you.

(((((Happy Hugs of Friendship For A Job Well Done)))))

Just Lois

• cofty
    cofty

Congratulations Loz - well done!

• bigmac
    bigmac

well done Loz xx

• cantleave
    cantleave

Congratulations!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thank you guys. Only here on this site can others understand what it takes to keep going to achieve after what we've all been through.

Loz x

• franticfran
    franticfran

Oh well done Lozhasleft, good for you!! My husband ran his first half marathon last month at the age of 70,he gave up running when he came in the "truth" thirty odd years ago and all that talent went to waste! but like you he is back, and catching up on stolen years,so once again,well done you.

• sherah
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Congrats!

Well, "believe" and "hard work"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit