1 yr anniversary since last meeting!!!!

by outofthelionsden 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

Today is our 1 year anniversary since we last steeped into the kingdom hall!! Time has passed by really fast. Truthfully I could never go back , we feel so much peace and less stress since we stopped going. my family stopped talking to us since last september but a few weeks ago my parents contacted me saying that they wanted to see us, they said that they didn't want to loose contact and if we can separate religion from family they would talk with us again. This really took me by surprise because they went to the extreme of changing there phone numbers so i couldnt contact them . So I asked what made them change their mind and she said that they had read IN THE LAST WATCHTOWER that one should show love to the ones who are inactive and thats what they want to do...so i have a feeling that this will not last long, as soon as the holidays come and they find out we are doing them i know they wont be able to understand. After 1 year we have not been contacted by any brothers or elders ( so loving right) but i can feel its coming!! my hubby prefers to just get DF'd and get it over with and live our life...so we will see how this story continues

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi OutOfTheLionsDen, This is for you and your family.

Happy 1 year Anniversary.

Just Lois

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Congrats! It's been 2 years for me.

My siblings are also "awake" and in various progressions of fading. My parents have been very cooperative about building a nonJW relationship.

As I've already said too many times, if it came down to it, I'd disfellowship all the JWs I know (and notify them accordingly) before they had a chance to DF me.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Feels great doesn't it? It's been 2 1/2 years for me and it gets more and more liberating.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Congratulations to you both. I know that freedom experience that you mention.

Maybe the will be a true turning point with your family once they realize that you and your hubby are nearly as crazed demon possesed as the WT scares people into to believing. You have a chance to mildly shake their foundations a bit. And umm...maybe your husband can forego geeting himself DFd. I did. I really don't care about the status, only that family still in will still tolerate me. That counts for something.

• label licker
    label licker

Honestly, there's a storm coming. No one had shepherd us and we've been gone for over a year and now starts the lies and accusations. Our jc is next week and we already have enough of what they did wrong to not go next week but first we have to let others know that these goons are putting the cart before the horse and also lied about it. Just don't be too loud about your happiness for elders think that's a sickness. Hubby told goon that we were very happy but goon just couldn't get it as to why we were happy. Gotta go hubby is talking to bethel overseer for advice.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Welcome Outofthelionsden:

I'm a newbie to. It's only been 8 months since I left and it feels great. No more boring meetings, no more service, no more studying unless I want to go on JWN or JWSurvey and a few other sites. I guess you probably got use to not seeing your parents or talking to them by now. So it probably won't hurt as much if it comes to an end for you. So don't be surprised if it happens so don't get your hopes up to high okay. My husband and I send our love your way.

Adventurousone

• geevee
    geevee

Hi and congrats on the time out! We have now been unattending for just over 8 years! Very nice

• Never_Enough
    Never_Enough

Congratulations - fitting that it falls so close to (another) Independance Day.

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

Congratulations! I hope you enjoyed your first birthday. I remember when my sister finally got out at like age 19 or 20? I bought her a birthday cake with a "1" candle on top. She nearly cried. Holidays are awesome! Enjoy them when they come!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit