Making the Jehovah's Witnesses OWN THEIR OWN EVIL

by Terry 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

When the Watchtower says that in 1914 Jesus "turned his attention toward the earth" what is the information content of that?

Was he not paying any attention before?

When he promised "I am with you always" was that in a distracted sort of way?

What exactly "else" is on TV besides the going-on on earth?

Were it not for watching the __stupid humans__channel, let's face it--nothing else is happening to keep Jehovah and Jesus from going nuts from boredom!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Very interesting Terry. I also wanted to say how sorry I am for you loss, I really respect a man that will raise his children on his own.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It just amazes me that the WT and Witnesses want to talk about the origin of things like Halloween and Mother's Day but when you bring up the origins of the WT, that apparently doesn't matter.

• Terry
    Terry

Very interesting Terry. I also wanted to say how sorry I am for you loss, I really respect a man that will raise his children on his own.

I remember hearing 2nd handedly that my mother-in-law had fully expected me to fob off my kids on HER to raise and how surprised she

was when I didn't. I tried to explain that there was never any decision process about that at all. There is NO WAY I would ever NOT BE a dad to my kids. I was reared without a father and it still hurts to this day!

My own opinion is that it is either IN YOU to be a parent or it is NOT in you. You discover that on your own when the occasion arises, too!

We become who we are---there isn't much in the way of choosing. Just my opinion, mind you.

I believe that being a Jehovah's Witness who had 100% believed that Armageddon was happening in 1975 destroyed my wife when NOTHING happened and the Society went silent for sooooo loooong.

I mean, it was HURTFULLY OBVIOUS they had nothing to say!

Like a child who hides under the covers until the monsters go away---Fred Franz and Nathan Knorr and all the rest simply hid their faces until (they hoped) it all went away!

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hi Terry,

From your post above

I believe that being a Jehovah's Witness who had 100% believed that Armageddon was happening in 1975 destroyed my wife when NOTHING happened and the Society went silent for sooooo loooong

Yet your OP suggests that we are all - alcoholics, culties, ets, - responsible for the harm we do. So was your wife responsible, or the WT? Or both?

Also what aout a non-indoctrinated person approached by a jw, often at a low point in their life. Don't they also have a responsibility for researching the religion rather than drifting along with the love bombing?

(BTW, well done from another single parent)

Retro

• steve2
    steve2

Terry, I apologize for my earlier comments about the analogy of the motor vehicle accident. I did not realize you had lost your wife through drunk driving. We have both had significant losses through drunk driving. Best, steve

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Steve and Terry you have lost a lot. My sister and niece were hit from behind from a drunk driver going over 50 mph. When we were at the hospital emergency room with them the guy was brought in under police guard. I could smell the alcohol on him from the at least 30 feet away. I am thankful they were not seriously injured but I have a real fear from that experience. Terry, your kids were fortunate to have a Dad like you.

• Terry
    Terry

Thank you. We each have losses, of course, and we adjust and move forward. I just don't want to make the mistake of failing to hold

accountability up to a reckoning. Having the freedom here on JW-net to share these things can be a catharsis and a quickening.

Retrovirus asks:

Yet your OP suggests that we are all - alcoholics, culties, ets, - responsible for the harm we do. So was your wife responsible, or the WT? Or both?

I would divide responsibility. It is one thing to be indoctrinated by your parents as a born-in (which my wife was) and it is another thing

to be the originator of the contagion as the Society is.

The GB makes it obligatory to go out and convince as many people as possible of foolish and self-destructive disinformation. The leaders receive a constant input from critics, members and ex-members enough to be entirely aware IT IS HORSE SHIT they publish.

They wittingly wound their own in their hubris.

People such as my deceased wife had no Plan B for life. She was entirely in thrall to the "Truth" which let her down miserably and left her without

a means of switching loyalties so strong was her indoctrination. The Watchtoweer religion had destroyed the rest of the world in her mind.

Her fallback "strategy" was drinking to kill the pain.

Yes, she is responsible for drinking and driving. But, the pain that drove her came out of magazines published by instigators who promote themselves

as spokesmen for the Almighty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit