Why does god kill children?

by Comatose 269 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

I understand iCeltic. I do.

It should be pretty simple, I'm god and this is the facts. More or less.

Ah, but it is. It is SO simple.

I am God... listen to my Son.

If you cannot hear that Son, in spirit, just yet... then at least listen to what HE is written to have said.

It is man who has made things so complicated, becasue man does not know... and like those who speak a lot but say nothing to make it look like they know soemthing that they do not. It is man who cannot stop looking at the golden calf that man has turned the bible into... by saying that IT is the image of God... and then gone on to form thousands of different denominations and sects from their own various interpretations understandings of what is written in that book, most based on what they WANT to see, else they would not be able to ignore what Christ said on the matters.

All confusing to the person who simply wants to know the truth... who is Christ.

He does not shout. He does not stomp his feet, or dress in great riches, or have buildings and money to his name. He is quiet, and he is patient, and he is the truth of God.

Peace to you!

tammy

• mP
    mP

TEC

How can you explain jesus doesnt exist in the OT ?

Not a single mention of him by name, title or position ? Why the big secret ? Why didnt god say once in the 1000 pages i have a son ? I ve never heard of a autobiography that spans a 1000 pages and the father never mentioning they had a son especially when they are not estranged.

• mP
    mP

TEC said:

"This event never happened to begin with... but it must be taken EXACTLY as written, because it is inconceivable that there could have been ANY errors creeping into the account as it was passed down and copied and re-copied, and also translated from one language and people to another language and people... in the 3000 years or so and who know how many generations* since it was first written."

mP:

Thts right, Abraham never existed, the same goes for Moses, Joshua etc.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And i did not editorialize... I just wrote what IS written in there.

Pants on fire?

To quote YOU:

but also that he knew, in faith, that he would be walking back with his son Isaac.

It is right there in the writing. Hiding in plain sight

there is nothing to corroborate that.

Abraham knew everything would be fine, it's all right there, except it's actually not and you aren't editorializing or making anything up? Sheesh, time to get the hip waders on, the BS is getting deep in here.

To continue quoting you...:

But he also clearly states HIMSELF that people are judged by their own words

as has been the case through this thread... you have misunderstood and so are misrepresnting

You just misrepresented the allegory as having something there and then admitted it wasn't there and claimed the fault is on other people for not seeing what's not there.

If there is a god of truth, he really cannot be happy with you right now. Is there nothing you won't say, contradict or make up to defend the voice in your head as being Jesus?

It is man who has made things so complicated, becasue man does not know

Tec, have you met Tec?

• mP
    mP

iCeltic

Tec, you sound like an honest and good person, be honest here, don't you think for whatever the reason, god asking Abraham to kill his son was immoral? Just a yes or no.

mP:

YOu forgot the part where he abandons haggar and ishamel in the desert with next to nothing. Thats another case of double murder.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Oh but he KNEW god would take care of them. He used his faith!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    No, as has been the case through this thread... you have misunderstood and so are misrepresnting.

--

I've seen this misdirection so many times. It's classic for people who've murdered their own arguments and see no way to salvage their hopeless position with dignity, so the default tactic is to blame someone else for the "misunderstanding". If your explanations are so clear, as you claim, why are the same questions being asked now that were being asked at the beginning of the thread?

Tec, look up the definition for "editorializing". To claim you haven't done it with the Abraham story is laughable.

And, as has been correctly pointed out, whether the story of Abraham was a real event or an allegory is irrelevant. The fact is it is used by Jews and Christians as a life lesson. The lesson it claims to teach is the foundation of the most despicable behavior imaginable, all flying under the banner of 'faith in god', doing what you're told without question, being willing to override one's conscience to do god's will, being willing to sacrifice a family member for your religion, etc., etc.

And, you're still using the same circular argument: the only book that tells us anything about Jesus is the Bible, but the Bible cannot be trusted because it is fatally errant, but you fully accept what the Bible says about Jesus.

If you cannot hear that Son, in spirit, just yet... then at least listen to what HE is written to have said.

You mean, what's written in the Bible? The book you dismiss at every turn as hopelessly flawed? You certainly have a dizzying logic, tec ( I use the word "logic" very loosely).

Finally, if god's message to mankind, especially regarding Jesus, is as clear as you claim it is, why after 4,000 years are humans still trying to figure it all out? Sure, humans are not perfect. But is this not ultimately a massive failure on god's part? He allegedly gives humans a message leading to Christ, then has botched that message so badly that humans can't make sense of it? (even if a person believes god exists, it appears he is quite inept).

I find it absurd that you think you've got it all figured out and the rest of us are simply a bunch of dummies. It must be nice to be of the select few, the elite of humankind, that has been enlightened by one-on-one conversations with Jesus, while the rest of mankind wallows in spiritual darkness.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

tec:

but also that he knew, in faith, that he would be walking back with his son Isaac.

--

If you believe this then you cannot even claim that Abraham's story is a lesson in faith. If he already knew the outcome- that he wouldn't kill his son and god would provide a ram, then it was hardly faith on his part to play along.

Fail. Fail. Fail !

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

God kills anyone he wants because HE CREATED EVERYTHING AND HE'LL DO WHAT THE HELL HE WANNA DO and you can't do anything about it.If you don't like this God then BACK OFF.

Genesis 8:21."And Jehovah smelled the sweet savor; and Jehovah said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake, for that the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more everything living, as I have done.

Genesis 19:4" Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

So,God doesn't care about how old someone is but IN WHAT CONDITION HIS HEART IS BECAUSE HE CAN READ IT. If you want to worship a forever-tolerant God then go find someone else.Peace

• Comatose
    Comatose

So the one and two year old babies had evil hearts? All of them? Every single one? Not even one chance to turn out good? So classifying a whole race of people as evil degenerates is okay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit