What evidence is there for the miracles of the Bible OUTSIDE of the Bible?

by punkofnice 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

An anecdotal experience by itself does not prove something happened, but an anectodal experience is sometimes proven true. That's my point, even though I am sure many disagree due to bias. Although I am not sure how you could disagree with my statement.

If Mr. Flipper says he saw Bigfoot, I can't prove he didn't. I certainly would not insult his belief.

• mP
    mP

TEC:

If you trust Jesus why dont you go touch poisonous snakes or drink poison ? It promises in Mark & LUke that you wont be harmed.

And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. ( Mark 16:17-18 )

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. ( Luke 10:19 )

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Cofty, that reasoning is absolutely correct, makes perfect sense.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Tammy says "Unless something is actually against Him, or I have heard otherwise from Him, then I don't really worry too much about the claims that others make. I follow where Christ leads and teaches me... not where others lead and teach."

So Tammy's defense is a resort to some mystical, uncanny, unprovable personal one-on-one connection she feels she has with Jesus Christ himself, who apparently communes directly with her. Presumably if Jesus appeared as an angel in white before Tammy right now, she would sink to her knees and believe every utterance, EXACTLY THE SAME AS JOSEPH SMITH DID WHEN HE WAS VISITED BY THE ANGEL MORONI .

And why does Jesus give Tammy personal, one-on-one revelation and guidance, which is nothing short of divine intervention in her life, and yet Jesus ignores the despairing prayers and cries of help for a devoted Catholic Rwandan mother who is about to see her child hacked to death by a Hutu maniac? Who has more need of divine intervention and communion, the god-fearing Tutsi mother and infant, or Tammy? How do you explain this obscene, disgusting contradiction?

Galatians 1:8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God's curse!"

Whoever your personal Jesus is that's been giving you personal messages Tammy, he must be accursed, or alternatively, you are quite the superstitious and credulous type.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EP... your question does not make sense. Yes, I am included in 'we'. But those two statments are saying the exact same thing.

Ha ha ha, you funny lady.

It doesn't matter what "we" think, unless the voice in your head you call Jesus tells you it's right and everyone else is wrong. Then it's not you, it's Jesus, the same person you deny when he says what you don't like but claim when you like what does say, even when it's from the same book of saying that magical voice on your head claims/denies based on your feelings.

Funny lady.

Seriously, Tec, try to say something that's not bullshit once in a while.

• tec
    tec

Tammy says "Unless something is actually against Him, or I have heard otherwise from Him, then I don't really worry too much about the claims that others make. I follow where Christ leads and teaches me... not where others lead and teach."

Yes.

So Tammy's defense is to resort to some weird, uncanny personal link-up with Jesus Christ himself, who died 2,000 years ago. Presumably if Jesus appeared as an angel in white before Tammy right now, she would sink to her knees and believe every utterance, as an angel from heaven.

If I knew that this was my Lord, then perhaps. If something He said was against love though... then no. I would at the very least ask questions to see if something said was from love or not, and that I might have misunderstood. I hope that I would also remember ask Him to identify himself, as Paul did when Christ came to him.

But it is His voice that one learns and follows... not an appearance. Nor is He an angel.

Mind you... I could also be shocked into utter silence, lol... at least at first. No one knows what they would do in a situation until they are in it, imo.

EXACTLY THE SAME AS JOSEPH SMITH DID WHEN HE WAS VISITED BY THE ANGEL MORONI .

Are you saying that he was visited by this angel?

And why does Jesus give Tammy personal, one-on-one revelation and guidance, which is nothing short of divine intervention in her life, and yet Jesus ignores the despairing prayers and cries of help for a devoted Rwandan mother who is about to see her child hacked to death by a Hutu maniac.

He promised that His sheep WOULD hear his voice, and that He would teach them and not leave them as orphans, but that He WOULD come to them. These are His words, as we have them written. As well as his promise here:

"If anyone loves me, he will obey my teachings. My Father will love him, and we will come and make our home with him."

Not everyone listens though... such as those who are out to destroy and harm others, and there are such people. Sometimes the consequences of man's actions and choices, even generations before, carry on to harm the generations that come after him.

Galatians 1:8 "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God's curse!"
    Whoever your personal Jesus is that's been giving you personal messages Tammy, he must be accursed

HIS OWN words, from the gospels, say that His sheep hear His voice. Who do you think spoke to Paul? Or Peter in Peter's vision of eating unclean things? Or Cornelius? Or John in Revelation? Or as the Spirit to the seven churches? Or as the Spirit that teaches and guides us into all truth?

As is also written in 1John:

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Nor is it just me. He speaks to all; all do not hear or listen or recognize His voice though; often because they are taught that such is not possible (which is actually against the gospel).

Why would 1John include an admonition to test the spirits (inspired expressions) to see if they were from God or not... if no one could hear the Spirit to begin with?

or alternatively, you are quite a superstitious and credulous person.

I am not either actually.

I am a very skeptical person, without evidence or truth to back something up.

I have that evidence though, in Christ.

No one has to take my word for it. If one wants to know, then look to Christ. Go to Him. Ask Him to teach you. I can only give my testimony and witness to Him. What anyone does with that is up to them, and no judgment from me. It is not within my power to do more than witness to Him and/or share something He has given me to share. Again, if one wants to know the truth as to that matter, truly wants to know, then one can go to Him and ask, seek, knock, ask for ears to hear... putting one's faith IN Him that he WILL answer. That is all I did. I am certainly not a good person, or better than anyone else.

Peace to you,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Are you saying that he was visited by this angel?

His voices are as credible as yours.

• tec
    tec

EP, name one thing that I have denied that Christ has said because I did not like it.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EP, name one thing that I have denied that Christ has said because I did not like it.

Can't you remember them all? I don't care enough to remember them. Just think of something the Bible claims Jesus said that you claimed was "lying scribes" and there is your answer. You make that claim so often I figured you would have some index cards handy. Seriuously, I can't do all of your thinking for you. You have to do some on your own.

• tec
    tec

You can't do any of my thinking for me... you who demands evidence from others, and then balks when someone asks that you back up your own claims. Just one example will do, EP. I'm sure if I do this thing you claim so very often, that you can bring to mind at least ONE example.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit