What is little Caleb doing now?

by Oubliette 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

In the latest installment in the life of Little Caleb from the WTBTS, we find Caleb learning some very important words.

What do you think they might be?

Before you answer that, look below at this still from the video at 1:43".

What is it that you think little Caleb is doing? Quick, say the first thing that comes to mind!

To find out exactly what little Caleb is actually doing, watch the video and see if you were right:

What is Caleb doing?

Were you right? Or were you surprised? Was it what you expected? Probably not!

Why do you think the WTBTS would portray Caleb in this particular position for what he was really doing in the video? Doesn't that seem odd?

Why would they do that?

You should also check out Cedar's new thread on a related aspect of this "Lesson" from Caleb's family:

• DT
    DT

I wonder if he said "thank you" to his friend who gave him Sparlock. He should have asked his mom if he could "please" keep it. Maybe she wouldn't have made him throw it away. I think he should learn the words "I'm sorry" so he can apologize to his friend for throwing his gift away.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DT, Good point!

Probably the "I'm sorry" will be the next video lesson .... preparing him for groveling for the elders later in life!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Other words that poor Caleb may as well learn now, as they will be intrical in his future life as a JW:

"new light"

"Theocratic war strategy" (god-sanctioned lying)

"judicial committee"

"shunning"

"no" (to:education; fun; pursuing hobbies; having children of his own; preparing for retirment)

"do more"

"governing body = mediator"

and several modifications of "generation" as he grows old.

• Mum
    Mum

If I were Caleb's mom, my issue with him would be about not retrieving the ball he was playing with before coming inside, but I would only insist that he go retrieve the ball and leave Jehovah out of it. I don't think Jehovah cares that a child wastes his parents' money on toys he doesn't keep track of.

I've noticed that if the adults around a child say "please" and "thank you," the child is likely to say it as well. Dr. Laura says it is beneficial for children to believe in God, but I doubt that she means a god who watches his every move to see if he slips up in some minute detail.

• sir82
    sir82
    we find Caleb learning some very important words.
    What do you think they might be?

Thank you, governing body! I submit and obey!

or maybe

Resistance is futile!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Caleb learns some very impotant words:

Disfellowshipped

Jehovah sad

Should be put to death without fail

God's Visible Organization

Fornication

Loose Conduct

No Blood

Hate

Apostates

Masturbation

Lots Wife

Sodom & Gomorrah

Everlasting Death

Listen Obey and Be Blessed

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Is that Arnold Schwartzeneger narrating???

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

ADCMS, You should be on the WT Video Production Committee, Children's Propagand Division! ... lol

Mum: I've noticed that if the adults around a child say "please" and "thank you," the child is likely to say it as well.

Good point! Teaching by example is not WT style. They prefer to lecture and manipulate through word rather than teach by deeds.

Sir82, I think you've gotten the not too subtle message!

frankiespeakin, you and ADCMS should team up! (See my comments to him ^^^above^^^)

diana netherton, pretty bizarre Voice Over, that's for sure.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

"Even Jehovah uses the word please." Neither of the Scriptures referred to at the start mention Jehovah saying please. I wonder what passage they are referring to, and why they just throw some random unreferenced comment like that in.

Firstly Caleb runs in demanding food, yet in the replay he walks in before politely saying please. Is that some subliminal message that good children should not run?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit