desperate or stupid - you decide

by finally awake 26 Replies latest jw friends

• finally awake
    finally awake

ignoring them is what we do best LOL. we both let any unknown number roll to voicemail rather than answering. Especially calls from outside our home area, because there is virtually no chance that it's anyone we want to talk to.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Your info stays on file with the RBC for a long time, regardless of whether you move or become inactive. They don't have time to wait to hear back from every BOE about every applicant they have on file. They may check up on you when you first apply, then after that count on the fact you would NEVER leave Jehovah's valley of protection!

Mrs. Obvious and I still get the occasional RBC invite, despite having moved over 1000 miles away and me becoming inactive.

• whathappened
    whathappened

They think they can get free labor and count the time they spend with you on their monthly report.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you Finally Awake, Your opening post and all the comments sure made for a fun read.

It is hot, summertime, and all the other Roofers in good standing are busy, so what to do? Let's call good guy Ronnie! I like the comment about him saying yes he can do it, and then say, I charge $100.00 per hour. lol

DoNotCall, So he calls you and wants someone to come give a talk. And you have been out for how many years? lol

Finally awake and Just Ron, I hope you and your boys have a great summer.

Just Lois

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

You must be approved by your local body of elders to the RBC to work on RBC projects. As soon as I stepped down a letter was sent to our RBC so that I was taken off the RBC mailing list.

I smell a setup or the brother asking is not in the know.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I suspect the RBC is just as disorganized and bad at paperwork now as they were 10 years ago when Just ROn first volunteered to help on the builds. Or it could be a set up, I wouldn't put it past them

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They're stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit