Another misleading Watchtower quote and lie!!!

by sosoconfused 22 Replies latest social current

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I think I am more excited by the fact that my wife has just decided to do this on her own.

She says, "Look at this *expletive*... I decide to look at one magazine after 3 months to see where these *expletives* heads are at and look what I find. What a crock of *expletive*.

I like it when she cusses LOL

• cantleave
    cantleave

WT quote mining? Never!!!!!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

So, if I understand this correctly, the Watch Tower Society provides a media release about how good it says it is. Newspaper outlets pick up the piece and print what the Watch Tower Society says about itself. Then the Watch Tower Society quotes the newspaper that quotes the Watch Tower Society. And they're still lying.

At least The Watchtower didn't quote the lie about not shunning people, even though that would have come from a WTS media release anyway.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Its more misleading than lying I suppose. However when you are a religious institution based on truth and calling your way of worship the "truth", yet you are purposely trying to mislead others... it is as if you are lying. LOL

• Terry
    Terry

....Or....the source of information (person providing the information) is simply another ignorant member totally unaware that they are worshiping inside a cult. It takes a number of years to hear all the bad (dark side) news hiding behind that "good news."

• BU2B
    BU2B

Marking, and thanks for this. BTW quote mining is a form of lying.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

soconfused,

Do you have a link to the original article, or a scan of the hard copy? It would be truly useful.

(I had a look on http://www.deseretnews.com/ but could not find it.)

Thanks,

FG

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Marking for future refence too.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

flamegrilled:

Do you have a link to the original article, or a scan of the hard copy? It would be truly useful.

The link is already in the opening post.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/849511/Jehovahs-Witnesses-a-list-of-basic-beliefs.html?pg=all

• steve2
    steve2

"Steve2 is a very gifted and loving man, truly one of a kind. He is a credit to his hard-working but now deceased parents. They would be very proud of him".

I shall quote these lovely words later on another forum and claim I am merely quoting what has been said about me on JW net thereby creating impression those very complimentary words are someone else's.

Too pathetically simple to be clever, but too shady to be part of an organization that claims to be the sole channel of God's truth on earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit