Angsty post

by zound 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello Zound:

Sorry to hear what your going through. Isn't it like when you become a witness you want them to become a witness so they can be saved. I know you want everybody to leave the organization, but thats impossible not everybody will change. Once they see your name they'll probably rip it up and call you an apostate. Sorry that's usually how it goes. Hope you got the rest you needed

• Watkins
    Watkins

Some will be curious enough to read it. It's cathartic to get it all out of your system. Do what you think you have to do, and then you'll at least be at peace with yourself, knowing you've done all you could do.

I hope some will be curious enough.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Go for it Zound, the sky is the limit. You will get results one way or the other.

• SeventhSojourn
    SeventhSojourn

Zound

If you feel the need to do, and you want to do it, and you can do it, I say do it. Just balance your expectations with reality so you will have no regrets. Did you ever consider putting up a free webpage somewhere with your information (if it's not to personal) and providing a link?

Personally - If I had $150 bucks to toss I'd probably buy a poor families groceries, help out a homeless person or something.

• rebel8
    rebel8

If helping dubs out is your thing, then I say go for it. I believe it could be therapeutic for you (more on that in a moment*) and it could work for them. The latter is a long shot, but as Nathan said, it's a shot.

Once I came to terms with working through the horrors that was my jw life, I felt tremendous guilt for being a pioneer and even for maybe inadvertently helping keep others in the Borg just by my example. I decided to work on preventing people from ever joining (which gets a LOT more bang for your buck!).

So. I made a website (now owned by Freeminds) and did many things you can read about on this forum that worked to educate non-jws about the cult.

*It helped me feel a lot less guilt, which was beneficial to me. And I happen to know I educated a lot of people.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

You can't explain the Matrix- they have to see it for themselves.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You have to ask yourself if someone had sent a letter like that to you when you were in, would you have read it and researched it, or would have been scared to read a letter from an apostate and thrown it away? You have to realize that for people to act on such a letter would mean losing all their family and friends and accepting the fact that they were stupid, and leave them with no hope for the future. Most people simply to not have the courage to see the truth, and nothing you can say will change that.

• zound
    zound

I probably would have read it - but not cause I was a bad JW, just because I was always curious.

I guess I am doing it partly to make a stand for myself and not let them think I've just quietly dissapeared as they wanted me to.

• earthfire
    earthfire

My biggest concern for you is putting all your contact info out there. I'd suggest setting up an e-mail account that is specifically for this. Lately I've been seeing people post hate messages that they've received and other things that are unsettling. Just be safe, you are about to kick the hornets nest and it's best to be protected.

Good on you for doing this though! If just one person is effected that would be great.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

"I've learned that people only pay attention to what they discover for themselves." Last line spoken by Anthony Perkins in the film Pretty Poison.

In other words, don't bother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit