Did Anyone Apply To Go To Bethel, And Not Be Accepted?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yeah, I've mentioned it before...

I went to the District Assembly 'pep' talk, and got one of the applications.

I was... let's see... I was about 21 at the time (last century). I filled in the application, went to one of those photo booths that take your picture - 4 times. I cut out the best looking one, where I didn't look too scary, and attached it to the application.

A bit of back-story. I had just transferred congregations. So, that meant that I had to give the application to my old congregation. They said, "No problem. We'll send it in for you." I didn't trust them, but what was I to do. Well... I waited. And waited. And waited.

I really (at that time) wanted to go to Bethel. I wasn't having much luck with the single ladies, and so figured that I had nothing to lose.

Of course, I wasn't a 'regular pioneer' or anything. I had heard that you had to be 'special' to get to go, but thought 'what the heck', and gave it a try.

I never heard back from them. At the next District Assembly, I met the brother giving the 'pep' talk (I knew him - he was a local - visiting his home state), and told him that I never heard back from them, even if it was a 'No'. He said something like, "Well, you can always apply again." I told him, "No thanks. One rejection is enough."

I'm glad I never heard back from them. Personally, I believe that the fellas in charge in my old congregation 'crap canned' it, and it never made it to the folks at Bethel. (They had to 'approve' you locally, before they sent it in.)

Regards,

Jim TX

• SadElder
    SadElder

While we did our special assignments there a few times, we never filled out an application for Beth-hell service. I'm glad we never fell for the pitch.

On a side note I always thought it quite pompous of them to not send a "thanks, but no thanks" letter to those who were not called. Even 'worldly' companies have the courtesy to send some type of response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit