at the DC right now,disgusting talk

by losingit 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

You are so right Lost Gen. Get out of thJw cult! Don't wait around, you've wasted enough of your life in there!

• HarryMac
    HarryMac
    how his father cried for the first time.

Oh, yeah, the society is filled up with a real bunch of tough guys, lol!

Such examples of good men... spineless yes-men and emotionally disconnected all at the same time.

Small wonder so many little JW girls grow up with daddy issues.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

Makes me sad my family will be listening to this crap next week-end.

• prologos
    prologos

losing it:

they are that simply lost OVERLAPPING generation.

the victims are.

the inner party is doing just fine

for now,

• cantleave
    cantleave

Losing it, I thought the consequences of leaving would be too much to bear. Since leaving the advantages have far outweighed the disadvantages. It your decision but I wish you the very best.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Resist self blame

A truly ridiculous statement from an organization that thrives on guilt, self-blame * and the constant order to do more to earn a "free" gift, and your chances are still "iffy".

* self-blame applies only to the rank-and-file. The GB, CO, DO and Elders are never at fault for anything.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Accept the torture stake involved in confessing union with Christ

Yeah, religion is all about torture. I say no frickin' thanks!

This is along the same lines as our little local church's sign a couple of years ago with the slogan that said :

"Read the Bible. It will scare the hell out of you."

That was the last 'slogan' I've seen on the sign. Religionists don't seem to realize just exactly what they're sayin' a lotta the time.

• losingit
    losingit

My last meeting was the Saturday of the District Convention. I have not stepped inside a KH since. What convinced me to stop going were these talks. The way they talk about those that are disfellowshipped, about apostates... it really is the way that the WTS collectively treats the disfellowshipped and apostates. As much as I feel the need to be a part of a spiritual community and as much as I yearn for my "friends," I just cannot go back to the spiritual and emotional abuse. For about a month after the DC, I would get ready for the meeting and then backout. I half-heartedly listened to the meeting over the phone... and then I just stopped that altogether. The ball stopped rolling...

Thank you to everyone that posted here in this thread-- asking me why I was there, why I didn't just up and leave-- you placed enough doubt in my mind, and the WT did the rest.

• Violia
    Violia

People leave the "safety" of the Borg when the pain of staying outweighs the pain of leaving.

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit