at the DC right now,disgusting talk

by losingit 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• losingit
    losingit

Tortured by this talk where they are attempting to legitimize the division/ separation of family.

"Sadly friends some will refuse to have courage in this matter.Is it not in our best interests to abide the arrangements of the Christian congregation as set by Jehovah?

Accept the torture stake involved in confessing union with Christ.

Then they cite the example of a brother who is thankful to his wife for persisting in preaching to him.

Now they are talking about disfellowshipping, lay serious guilt trip .the brother talking about his baby sister getting disfellowshipped, how his father cried for the first time.

Accept the torture stake. Be absorbed in spiritual activities. Resist self blame. Jehovah holds the sinner responsible,nit the parents. Putblame where it rightly belongs. To whom will you have greater affection?blood is not thicker than the holy spirit.accept the torture stake and find real peace with God."

GARBAGE!!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Not a cult then?

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

theyre all so sad.

you're only here for a little while...then you're gone, and it's someone elses turn.
    they should get out and have a good time.
    you're in a physical body: experience all of it's sensations...

who the hell wants to 'accept' a torture stake'? if the carpenter 2000 years ago wanted to deal his life away like a deck of cards over bullshit, so be it.
    im smarter than that....i think. ;)

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

We hope this talk will cause division in your families so that your parents will their estate to u$!!!!

• losingit
    losingit

AAbsolute cult. No doubt about it.

• xchange
    xchange

So I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for anybody in my family to check on me and see how I've been doing since my exorcism from the organizaton?

Duly noted.

(Breathes right away)

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

ah... okay... herein may lie the answer to my question where I asked which day is the worst. :)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/255629/1/2013-Convention-Day-of-greatest-detriment-to-the-WTS

Thanks, LosingIt!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

It sucks to hope that the WTBTS will become more controlling, but it seems that more JWs see TTATT the more controlling that the WTBTS becomes.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• NeverKnew
  • aDe8hied
    aDe8hied

Hi losingit,

What was the theme of the speech? a.m? p.m?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit