Blood Ban Witch Hunt in Progress

by 5go 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• 5go
    5go

Sorry guys playing the lawyer will has been done at this hall they DAed the brother it wasn't even over blood it was something else. This elder body is deceptive the play stuipid and lovable when the cameras is on but in the back room they are cut throat company men who know the rules and laws to the tee. (lot's of ex-bethelites here)

I agree at any other hall that might work, not this one no they will go for the throat. If this thing is limited to just my hall then the CO put them up to it. Not long ago he said their are two types of brother here. The CO praised our numbers but pointed out that only half the congregation was putting them in and then he gave the luke warm water speech and then said Jehovah will spit out those luke warm brothers. At the time I thought nothing of it, but now.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Don't take their calls, tell them you forgot it, tell them it is in your other pair of pants, in your other suit coat, just smile and keep putting them off, sincerely of course. (of course)

Best of all possible worlds, record the conversations (check your state laws, no permission necessary)

• 5go
    5go

It's Texas I can but trust me they aren't doing anything illegal just hounding as to why they have given them a copy of it what a hinting very hard "What are you hiding brother?". Knowing them they will at some point have enough of it and call me in the back and do a quick choice relent (I can tell you I have been through it a couple of time on various things) and it goes no futher or JC and DF pretty much on the spot. I have never opted for DF but if they inquire in harder as to why I won't show them my older one I will. My story as of now will I lost it at my job Friday which of course force my hand as they will point out if they had a copy well blah blah blah and they need one.

• GonzoX
    GonzoX

I wonder if what the WTBTS is doing with the DPA scams is a violation of HIPPA laws. What are they doing to keep your information secure. Keep in mind the HIPPA law is over 17,000 pages.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

They are doing that where I am too, but they are not forcing it. I got asked for mine and my "updated emergency contact info" about two months ago. I was just like "oh, yeah, I'll get that to you" with no intention of doing so and never did. They never followed up on it again.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I wonder if what the WTBTS is doing with the DPA scams is a violation of HIPPA laws. What are they doing to keep your information secure. Keep in mind the HIPPA law is over 17,000 pages.

That's stance I would take. "Actually Br., since my DPA is part of my medical records HIPPA laws apply here and I don't feel that comfortable having part of my medical records out there. The laws around storing medical records are so complicated, I'm surprised the congregation has subjected itself to complying with HIPPA regulations."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Crazy .......I have not been asked about a card in years. Sister Blues cannot get her head around all the multiple choices and has kept shelving it for 2 or 3 years (She has one of those net bought "No Blood" discs on her keyring). The elders don't trouble about it.

In the U K it would not be legal to co erce you into giving them a copy or to keep a copy without your free consent.

• Scully
    Scully

What about if you said "Look, we both know that it is illegal for you to coerce me in any manner regarding my personal medical decisions. Now stop it already. I don't want to give any judge an excuse to invalidate my DPA card, with all these Brothers™ and Sisters™ around who have also been bullied and harassed by the Elders™ into handing over a copy of a personal medical document, who would all testify to that fact. This is one of my fundamental rights and freedoms that you're stomping on, BROTHER. Now go away."

• rebel8
    rebel8

It sounds risky to be signing a durable power of attorney that you immediately negate. If there was a battle when you're unconscious, how are you going to be sure the party who actually has the latest copy is the one who wins in court?

At least make Winnie the Pooh your witnesses, or something hopefully obvious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit