Blood Ban Witch Hunt in Progress

by 5go 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• 5go
    5go

I have had my own power of attorney drawn up and sent to my non JW family to void out my old card. But now the society is pretty much forcing the issue on everyone with the emergency contact information (witchhunt) gathering drive every year and basically not taking a no for an answer fill it ot or get pulled in back. Well I am giving them the big FU this time I filling their card out but listng my non JW family on it as the contact and then filling yet another power of attornty to void out their stupid card again.

• stillin
    stillin

That seems like a lot of trouble. I haven't updated my card for 7 or 8 years. Nobody seems to care.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Same. Haven't updated our info since my wife and I got married. We have moved over 1000 miles away since.

• 5go
    5go

Yeah well this year they are checking here where I live and they are taking no for an answer. They want a copy of the DPA card in the hall ASAP they are using the this is what the faithful and discreet slave want done line to boot. They are claiming it's for disaster preparing but as I have and some others here have told them several times we have prepared for things it's clear now it's a hunt. They keep saying this is from bethel and they want it done their way.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I haven't heard a thing here and i'm in the US as well, wonder if its just your local district.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They don't bother me for one either.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

5GO:

Did they give you a form to fill out? If so, does the form itself ask for a copy of the DPA? WOuld it be possible to reproduce the items asked for here?

This is interesting because the DPA is supposed to be a voluntary matter. Just off hand, this sounds more like the fanaticism of a local congregation or local BOE.

Take Care

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Again, if this is the case, the elders in the congregation nor WTBTS has the authority to make you present them with this information. It is a personal matter to be handled in and between your family and, if you chose, a lawyer that draws the DPA up.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

They can't say it's a personal choice to refuse blood, if they are chasing people around and forcing them to produce signed copies of the card.

• Shador
    Shador
    they are using the this is what the faithful and discreet slave want done line to boot

Then they are flat-out lying (surprise, surprise). The only thing I had to give the eldumbs for "disaster preparedness" was emergency contact info. No one requested copies of my anti-blood card.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit