It's All Your Fault - 9.15.13 wt Study Ed

by breakfast of champions 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yeah, and Watchtower explains that they never claimed to be "prophets". Yet if you don't treat them like prophets, believing everything they print is coming directly from God, you are a "mentally diseased apostate."

• jgnat
    jgnat

"mentally diseased apostate" or reformed chump, now smart to the Watchtower ways.

• sd-7
    sd-7

You know, maybe after all these "expectations", it might be a good idea not to "expect" anything the Watchtower predicts to actually happen.

But it's your fault that you don't have a choice but to believe what we tell you even if it's incorrect.

So, is this like a bizarre twist on the angel who went and fooled Ahab? It's all part of God's plan to fool you so that he can get rid of people that actually believe what he says...

As I'm sure has been said before, either by me or someone, JWs are trapped in a neverending losing game of "Simon Says".

--sd-7

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

2 However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah’s visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds. And that goal in view for Jehovah’s servants is the "new heavens and a new earth" of God’s promise.—2 Pet. 3:13.

Tacking in a sailboat, huh?

Ephesians 4:14 (ASV) | In Context

14 that we may be no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, in craftiness, after the wiles of error;

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Shirely,

w81 12/1 p. 27 par. 2 The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter

2 However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah’s visible organization have shownadjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds. And that goal in view for Jehovah’s servants is the "new heavens and a new earth" of God’s promise.—2 Pet. 3:13.

I wounder how many sleepless nights it took to dream this explanation/piece of fiction up? It is actually quite brilliant in an evil deceptive sort of way.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about those who did hedge their bets? Such as those who did some field circus back around 1969 but still continued their secular career because they couldn't be 100% sure that 1975 was the end and didn't want to be in debt come 1976 just in case. They were hounded into pious-sneering, selling out, and throwing it all away through the early 1970s since, unless they did, they would die in 1975. All they were doing was hedging their bets, not on Armageddon never coming, but on it not coming at that particular time. It could have come in 1975--or later in the 1970s or early 1980s. Bad idea to sell out; yet, unless they did, "they were going to die".

• Splash
    Splash

Regarding "tacking" the WT later said:

-- WT 8/1/92 p.17: "...to run "not uncertainly" means that to every observer it should be very evident where the runner is heading. The Anchor Bible renders it "not on a zigzag course."

Another reversal.

Splash

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

wasblind:

I wonder how many people have been convicted in a court of law becuase they

" Adjusted " the " Troof "

---

In a court of law, "adjusting the truth/Troof" is called "perjury" (lying). It results in heavy penalties.

In WT Land, it's called "New Light" (still a lie, but an improved lie, or lie 2.0). It results in much joy and the liars are rewarded.

frankie: I wounder how many sleepless nights it took to dream this explanation/piece of fiction up? It is actually quite brilliant in an evil deceptive sort of way.

--

I don't imagine anyone losing sleep at WT over these "tacky" adjustments. However, I do imagine them rolling on the floor laughing when they come up with a new explanation, wondering how many JWs will actually buy it (100% for those who want to stay in the Org.).

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

It's all part of God's plan to fool you so that he can get rid of people that actually believe what he says...

Sounds like entrapment.

• Emery
    Emery

@kurtbethel, awesome scripture! Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit