• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there ADCMS

I wonder how many people have been convicted in a court of law becuase they

" Adjusted " the " Troof "

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As "Boxer" said in George Orwell's Animal Farm (ch 7) after a setback:

"I do not understand it, I would not have believed that such things could happen on our farm, It must be due to some fault in ourselves. The solution, as I see it is to work harder,"

In the book Boxer ( a horse) ended up in the knacker's yard, never seeing the reward that he had been promised.

• rocketman
    rocketman

This was the main stumbling point for me when the understanding of the term "Generation" was altered in 1995. I resented the implication greatly, and even though I was an elder at the time, it was a turning point and the impetus for my eventual exit.

The notorious quote:

"Eager to see the end of this evil system, Jehovah's people have at times speculated about the time when the "great tribulation" would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914"

• wasblind
    wasblind

The Watchtower Society is

2 Timothy 3:7 " Alway's learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

And blame the rank and file

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am always prepared to take some blame, but I can't see how it's all my fault.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, it was the poor chumps that hung on every word uttered from the platform at the conventions, faithfully highlighted and absorbed the instruction from the Watchtower materials taking it as from Jehovah's mouth himself, and participated at every meeting.

No more.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes, the WTS should take full responsibility

" Thus what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah "____Sept 15, 2010 wt para. 8 page 13

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS say's that Jehovah can't lie. So who did ????

The WTS that's who

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Unfortunately, too many followers have trusted in these 'false predictions.' For those that came in as adults, you're right slimboyfat.

Being taught from infancy of an imminent end to everything 'bad' in this life defeats a young persons desire to set long-term goals in life.

This belief system, enforced by parents and the larger congregational community, creates thinking patterns that are almost impossible to erase.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

marking-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit