Another bash at education - wt13 9/15

by Splash 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Higher education, whether from college or the Internet, should be used to balance one's knowledge. While college today is a bad value (you can get into massive debt, and there is no forgiveness for such debt), it is not inherently a bad thing. If you are getting your classes fully paid for, or can take them with minimal debt and you feel it's worth the debt after objectively comparing the cost to the benefit, you are an idiot if you refuse them because of a stupid religion. And I think one should be careful of Rockefellerian education which only forces one to stick with the Establishment--balance it out with Internet education which can be had for free or at minimal cost.

And even after college, keep using the Internet to balance out your education. Whether checking your courses for alternative viewpoints or simply educating yourself about products you buy, you should continue finding out about things the Establishment is hiding from you. Not to mention, the Internet is a great way to try religions before "buying". Anyone who is undecided or that has been stuck in one religion from birth on should check out religions online, even if they have no intention of joining. Everyone can go online and experience Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions for themselves with no commitment. You can experience exotic tribal religions, various denominations of major religions, Eastern religion, Satanism, and virtually every religion online without commitment. Then, you can see for yourself whether the religion you are in is truly best for you--or arm yourself against the next big cult (for instance, leaving the jokehovians, you can experience the Boston Movement cult without actually studying or committing yourself). Then, you will be ready to refuse--or know what you are getting into. Better to experience Moonie life online, simply reading posts and blogs from current and former Moonies, than experience it by becoming one and regretting it.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Last spring (March 2012), all bodies of elders in the US received a letter about higher education. It lays down the ground rules. Higher education is defined as a program of four years or more - not specialized certification or an Associates Degree.

The 'danger' of a four year education is that "it often erodes faith in Jehovah and the Bible."

Elders, ministerial servants and pioneers can be 'removed' if they pursue (and promote) higher education for themselves, their wives or their children.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"The 'danger' of a four year education is that "it often erodes faith in Jehovah and the Bible.""

I'll have to make it a point to emphasize to my parents that it's been the false prophecies, flawed reasoning, and ever-changing interpretations of Watchtower Corporation that have eroded by faith in Jehovah and the Bible.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Edumacation WTF is that? Oh it must be what makes people use terms from the stage like, "What does this mean for you and I?' I would love to answer, "Well I'm not sure about you, but for I it means that ME must....." Or the nitwits who use the word simular, instead of similar! Or nucular, instead of nuclear. or...oh hell there are way to many ignorant fools that try to "teach" others. No wonder I am a piztjw! HAHAHAHA

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

The Greek Bible speaks of Jesus Christ using the most educated Jew to give a witness to all the Roman Empire. Why did God choose the Apostle Paul? Paul knew the Hebrew Scriptures, was educated in Greek Philosophy and knew the Roman "Law of the land (ever changing laws) and Jewish religion and traditions.

Now what if he sent out one of the Governing Body or all of them to explain their how they started up their new and true religion? Can you imagine the Governing Body before our modern day Cesear? St. Paul was a genious in religion of all the Old Empire, the Governing Body has shown it does not have the backing of Jesus Christ with their constant hen pecking of Scriptures and ever changing dogmas.

Who knew the Bible better, St. Paul or any of the Modern Day Governing Body and who would have gave the most profound witness? St. Paul, in my opinion would do a better job today, I doubt he signed people's little parchments or fragments of the Hebrew Bible.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Puke.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

This is a complicated issue:

The WTS basically knows that "higher education" often dismisses the Bible. But that is in the philosophical fields or non-technical fields.

But by dismissing any college, that affects those who need education to get a better job!

So I can understand discouraging those to get educated in the world's philosophical concepts, etc. But how can you get a good job without an education?

Going to college to get a degree in communications is not the same as getting a degree in liberal arts.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

"The WTS basically knows" about higher education? I don't think so.

Larsinger, I appreciate your view...but your looking for a compromise. This just doesn't work within the WT agenda.

Those of us who chose (or were allowed to) pursue a degree know that we did this to receive an education....not to just get "a job." This notion that the WTS spreads is a complete distortion of the facts. Nobody goes to school to get that "big shot" job, to be rich or get prestige...

I earned a degree in the liberal arts over 20 years ago. I was fortunate to have JW parents that thought past the pages of the Watchtower and YPA Book. You know .... balanced folks with common sense who cared about their kid's future.

That degree has put me in an excellent position when job searching, interviewing, landing a job and being able to live well within my means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit