Another example of evolution before our very eyes!

by cantleave 36 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Prologos / Cofty have you ever seen Hobbies chasing swallows? One of the most thrilling hunts in nature.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't understand. Did you mean to say if traffic deaths decrease and death from predation remains the same or lessens, that speedy-genes have been passed on instead of curl-up genes?

• cantleave
    cantleave

What I am saying is curling up is a great way to avoid being predated but pretty useless against being run over. Running hedgehogs are more vulnerable to predation (hedgehogs are not that quick!). So, if predation is responsible for less mortality that traffic, the population will be dominated by individuals with genes selecting for running away.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

That's really interesting Cantleave thanks. It's actually surprising how fast hedgehogs can move when I've seen them in my garden. Hope they survive.

I have done my bit to eliminate stupid Pheasants from the gene pool

Cofty - naughty, but then a pheasant is a pleasant present for a peasant.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Gotcha..

• cofty
    cofty
    have you ever seen Hobbies chasing swallows? One of the most thrilling hunts in nature.

I haven't. I will look out for it now though, we have swallows and house martins everywhere at the moment.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It must be satan killing those poor swallows -

*** w50 11/1 p. 424 Evolution Contrary to Scientific Fact ***
    Men of good will do not want to be found fools. They will reason on these matters, see how God’s Word fits the facts. They will not be stumbled by evolution while en route to Jehovah’s promised new world, but will discern that it is just an old-fashioned, unprovable pagan myth. They appreciate that Satan has revived it in these last days to blind men to the good news of the new world, that with this evolution bait he has hooked the wise and haughty, the puffed up and proud. It has become the chief stone of stumbling to trip up this wise, modern, brilliant generation of science worshipers.

S

• cofty
    cofty

Great quote.

Its amazing how many ex-JWs are still deluded by that sort of thinking.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thats an interesting take on evolution Cantleave. Thanks for posting.

• QC
    QC

The dispute, life is a DESIGN not a product of willy-nilly chance, is about to be settled. Of course theophobic folks will fight it.

That's fine, worthwhile change always has its reactionary detractors.

But they will adjust and learn to enjoy reality. There is a dark side, though, it will always push back against the disinfectant of light (proven facts) which turns the world toward good.

Prime examples of this in modern times are the WT GB leadership and the religious Atheon (God hater) crowd. Theoretical diametrically opposed to each other, yet both work toward for the same "evil" end.

Fascinating!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit