We are "On the doorstep of the New World" (Awake!)

by Splash 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PleiadesPoliceman
    PleiadesPoliceman

Amelia Ashton, what do you mean by unfriendly? I thought all the congregations were as loving as Aunt Connie's and they hang the slogan "Come bring all your weak, tired and toiled and spiritually starving so we can direct them to another Church!" What's your story, I do not think I have heard you tell us how you got that nice spiritual nudge off the front door thanks to your unfriendly-loving Congregation.

I walked out and never looked back nine months ago and nobody has ever called to check on this former regular piousneer who had to leave the list to work more hours to survive. Once I dropped off the list, I was no longer worthy of their god's love!

• irondork
    irondork

Keep the hope alive!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hey Irondork, there's attribution of the article to F. Franz? Interesting

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

Does anyone have a PDF of the 1927 Golden Age that is referenced? Awake didn't exist then. I would love to see the entire article.

• Splash
    Splash

http://wtarchive.svhelden.info/english/the-golden-age/

It's all in there, 1927, pages 729 - 733.

Splash

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When talking about infinities I guess a few thousand years can be concidered 'right at the door steps'. It is all relative.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It might be "relative" to an eternal God, but it is a bl***dy long time to me!

We are human and live within human life expectancy of threescore and ten years. If you were talking to a small child you would not expect him to view ten years as a short time although a fifty year old might agree with you. Any revelation from God to humans has to be in human terms.

• irondork
    irondork

Fixed!

Sorry for the error. I was just going by the info in the OP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit