We are "On the doorstep of the New World" (Awake!)

by Splash 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Splash
    Splash

Anyone see that quote in the latest magazine?

In full it says:
    "Since the things are happening today that Jesus told us about, we know that we are right at the very doorstep of the new world, the world to come. We are moving into the new world. If you try to learn about God in the Bible and try to please Him, you may never die, but move right on into the new world fully and then never have to die."

Oh, sorry, my mistake.
    That was actually a quote from the Awake! 1927 8/10 p. 729-733 'Growing Up in a New World on Earth' [by F. W. Franz]

Splash.

• Shador
    Shador

Standing on the doorstep for 87 years? I mean, I've heard of dragging service time out, but really! If the "new world" hasn't answered yet, it must not be home.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

The door must be locked and someone forgot the keys.

Or maybe it's just "Home but Hiding TM ".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Oh, sorry, my mistake.
    That was actually a quote from the Awake! 1927 8/10 p. 729-733

Now THAT'S FUNNY!

Or, SAD.

Depends on your attitude.

Doc

• blondie
    blondie

Try searching using "threshold"

“Flee From Fornication” (‎1 occurrence) 5 The account in Numbers has many important lessons for God’s people today, who stand at the threshold of a far greater promised land. lv chap. 9 pp. 97-109 - “God’s Love” (lv) God’s Purpose for the Earth—Soon to Be Fulfilled (‎1 occurrence) We are now on the threshold of a new world promised by Jehovah God. w06 5/15 pp. 4-7 - The Watchtower—2006 A Letter From the Governing Body (‎1 occurrence) AS WE stand on the threshold of the coming new system of things, it is urgent that we keep in expectation of Jehovah. yb05 pp. 3-5 - Yearbook—2005 Highlights From the Book of Joshua (‎1 occurrence) As we stand at the threshold of the promised new world, our position is comparable to that of the sons of Israel who were poised to take possession of the Promised Land. w04 12/1 pp. 8-12 - The Watchtower—2004 “Go About in the Land” (‎1 occurrence) In our case, we are on the threshold of the promised earthly Paradise. w04 10/15 pp. 13-19 - The Watchtower—2004 http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=threshold&p=par

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The best thing to do at this doorstep is put a paper bag full of dog turds, set fire to the bag, ring the bell then run away.

Don't waste time waiting for Jehovah(TM) to answer the door and stamp it out.................he doesn't exist and neither does the door step.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"...the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' ( Revelation 16:14 ), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced," (The Time Is at Hand, 1908 edition, p. 101).

---

if we're on the "doorstep" that must be one long-assed entryway

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Awesome..BTT. You must believe that or you are one of Satan's helpers!!!

• frankiespeakin
  • Sapphy
    Sapphy

"The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."
    "It MUST come sometimes to 'jam to-day'," Alice objected.
    "No, it can't," said the Queen. "It's jam every OTHER day: to-day isn't any OTHER day, you know."
    "I don't understand you," said Alice. "It's dreadfully confusing!"

Or, to put it biblically, "expectation delayed is making the heart sick"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit