We are "On the doorstep of the New World" (Awake!)

by Splash 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Got sick of waiting and left, after a gentle nudge by an unlovingng congregation.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This goes back even farther. The washtowel has roots back to the end-time cults of the mid 1800s, when everyone was speculating (and starting scams) on the end of the world. Along 1872, someone settled the argument and said it was 1874. We have been "at this doorstep" ever since 1874, and even earlier if you include all the other scams leading into this.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

lol

I was thinking are they still using New World! errr.

Busted a gut when you said you were sorry and qouted old WT

• steve2
    steve2

Splash you're mean but I like you. In 1927, My JW born and raised Mom was 5 years away from being born. Her Bible Student soon-to-be-called Jehovah's witnesses parents may have been on the doorstep but my mother's arrival fresh and red in 1932 showed her parents were doing more than waiting on the doorstep. Let's hope the neighbors weren't outraged by the threshold mating activities. My grandparents eventually died in the 1970s still waiting and my dear mother died a faithful witness 2 years ago, an old, hard-working woman, ready for her heavenly reward...oh, and she too was still waiting. And, not wishing to repeat the gullibility of the last two generations, I'm not waiting.

• irondork
    irondork

That should be framed and mounted in every Kingdom Hall.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

OMG, I really laughed at that!

Last I talked to my mother last year, the God's Kingdom was like a pregnant woman who's water has burst.

And I was like, ew. For a gay man, that is NOT the visual I need to act... unless it's to run the other direction.

• sd-7
    sd-7

The 100-Year Doorstep, the 100-Year Battle of Armageddon, the Last 35,520 Days...I mean, this could make a great, long-running TV show.

100 years ago was no time to be spiritually drowsy. The end was at hand!

--sd-7

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I was also amazed when someone posted the 70's Awake that bared the title of this year's special talk: Is it later than you think. I guess the WT needs to recycle their old material for the new converts...

• karter
    karter

It's just around the corner....of a round building.

karter.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I guess the WT needs to recycle their old material for the new converts...

Oh, yeah--they sometimes recycle word for word, even from decades-old material. Some of the June '00 Awake on propaganda is lifted word for word from a similar article in the late '70s.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit