Apostate warnings-WT 15 May, 2002.

by Nemesis 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Hi Nemisis,

Can you post the scan of that article again? I cannot see it..

If it is the article I think it is (The one that says you should 'fear' even talking with apostates for they can cause you to lose your faith) I think I have an interesting rebuttal.. Probably the FIRST time their own reasoning book was correct about something..!!!

Please note the advise given in the last paragraph (From bible scripture no less) on "For persons facing persecution because of doing god's will" (The section is entitled ENCOURAGEMENT).. [4th paragraph on page 119]

Interesting, I would have thought that JW's would view apostates as their opponents, either that, or scripture is wrong, or the WT article is wrong.. I wonder who to believe

Just to check, is there ANY apostate here that is afraid of talking to a JW about scripture? Obviously the same cannot be said of a JW talking to an apostate... Their own reasoning book has shown them their fate...................

• dissedsis
    dissedsis

I remember the first time I ever heard of an apostate and that was when I was 9 years old and my mother and another family and my sister and I went to bethel. There was a man that would stand on the corner yelling at everyone that walked around and into bethel telling of all the wrongs in bethel. We were told not to even look at him and that he used to serve on the GB and was thrown out for apostacy. At the time I thought it was the greatest sin ever to do that. Little did I know then that they were just trying to tell me that he used his own mind!!!! :)

Never leave the ones you love...but..Never love the ones that left. ;)
    dissedsis

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    Apostates want authority and prominence??? How do they think up this stuff..

Well that one is based on the orgs conflict in 1917 with those who opposed Herr Rutherford.
    Rutherford wanted authority and prominence, so the org had to transfer his behaviour over to the Enemy camp.

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Hello ItsJustlittleoldme,

I tried to edit it as the link went down, but it won’t let me as the post is too old. (If you see this Simon can you delete this post and change the picture link on the first page to this one please.)

Anyhow, here it is until then:

• Room 215
    Room 215

Joelbear, et al...

``Loyal to fellow believers(?!) What a laugh! With them, loyalty is a One-Way Street -- a deadend headed back to Brooklyn.
    Those buggers punish the slightest misgiving with the utmost severity yet tell the local elders that ``they're on their own if a DFing decision results ina lawsuit, i.e. ``it's the local congregation that dfs, NEVER THE SOCIETY; take care to word it thusly.'' Or to the local rank-and-file dubdrones via the Kingdom Ministry ``because our ministry is completely voluntary, we never say that we're there at your door as REPRESENTATIVES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY.

And all this slides down their gullible little throats with a little bit of ``new World is nearly here'' honey.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The appointed elders must be quick to put an end to such an unwholesome influence.

And we all know what that means, don't we? They'd probably like to literally "put an end" to such ones. Can anyone find such an attitude displayed by Jesus or his apostles? Such actions and thinking goes against the very nature of Christianity. But then the WTS wouldn't know that, would they?

It's absolutely disgusting.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit