Apostate warnings-WT 15 May, 2002.

by Nemesis 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

I just noticed some more anti “apostate” lessons in the latest Watchtower. Here is a scan of the offending article, May 15, 2002, p. 27

Looks like we are all now “poisonous roots”, and a fellow believer must not “divulge confidential matters that might endanger them”. In other words you must hide the congregation’s sins for the sake of the Watch Tower! The last comment just makes me want to vomit: “What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I must say that the worst name-calling I've heard has been from the pages of The Watchtower and its readers.

Those poor worldly people haven't got a hope of matching them.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I feel "slandered and reviled"!!! Why are they not “covering over [this] matter” of apostasy???

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Apostates want authority and prominence??? How do they think up this stuff!!

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Could they possibly be referring to the silentlambs issue?????

Let's see authority and prominence, if that was the angle that I pursued it would have been far simpler to just keep silent and allow more children to be molested. I could have remained PO, had parts on the Circuit Assembly and District Convention, not to mention being in charge of key departments, as well as helping with the schools. It would seem to make that argument hollow with all the prominence WT had to offer if I just would have kept silent on this issue.

It is the "silence" they use to hurt children,
    It is the "prominence" they use to keep elders from speaking out,
    It is the "authority" they use to threaten those who suffer in silence,
    It is "slander and reviling" they use to discredit those who speak the truth,
    It is they who "speak bitterly" when confronted with the lies they have told to hurt children.

If the elders are "quick to put an end to such an unwholesome influence," then why am I still a JW in good standing?

Loyalty and silence have always been used by wicked men to allow the innocent to suffer. For any JW to use this information to defend WT against the "pedophile paradise" they have helped to create and support leaves them to share in this corruption perpetrated against children.

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

Rather than betray a confidence, they cover over the matter. What kind of bullshit is that? Most who are disfellowshipped are done because of things that have been confidential between them and one friend or elder.

I guess they just want to make sure that the R&F know that it's okay to cover over molestation and other forms of abuse in the congregation. God forbid us "apostates" get wind of it and air it for all the world to see.

If they don't want anyone to know about their dirty laundry, they should keep their shirt clean.

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Here ya go pathofthorns and moxy and whoever else that would rather believe the one-hundred year-plus lyin' sacks of sh** Watchtower ovewr hundreds and hundreds of victims:

Go to the authorities about a crime and you are: XXXX.

I wish someone would put the whole scan up. Did the Watchtower even say that to tell the TRUTH is no excuse?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The scripture in that article that was used obviously has absolutely nothing to do with organized religion or organized anything.
    Maybe it was the best one they could find at the time to try and get their point across.
    Trying to mold that scripture into an example of not speaking to apostates is really stretching it. In the first place what "secretes" could publishers possible be carrying around with them that they would have to be careful not to talk about to apostates?
    Not to divulge that they're going to meet on Saturday morning for service?
    Make sure any non-believers do not overhear them talking about the visit they had with the CO last week?
    Be careful not to let it get out how many bible studies we've started last month?

The scripture is obviously way out of context and it will probably become obvious to a lot of people and a lot of people on the other hand will probably not even notice it.
    That’s just the way things are.

dungbeetle,

I'm curious why you think path and also moxy of all people is pro- watchtower? I don't see that at all. What has caused you to think that?

Treat people as individuals do not label them otherwise you become the evil you seek to destroy.
  • dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Where did I say moxy or whoever was prowatchtower? or anybody on this thread?

It's hard to say from what little nemesis put up there, but it doesn't look like apostasy to me. More like a preemptive strike regarding Dateline.

But we shall see.

But I can see the truth in JW's claims of "We don't ask for money at the doors anymore" they've had so many scandals they don't DARE. LOLOLOL

And the war against the watchtower goes on...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Maybe I just misunderstood you then. Thats the impression I got after reading one of your posts and I thought I would ask rather then asume.

Treat people as individuals do not label them otherwise you become the evil you seek to destroy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit