Please clear up a confusion I have Do Christians believe that the AntiChrist will be Satan the Devil in human form?

by booker-t 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I was told that I was the anti-christ. I'm hoping my super-AC-powers will kick-in any day now.

"Sanctus dominus ..." (c'mon, all join in) "... Sanctus dominus"

• garyneal
    garyneal

My IFB preachers taught that the AC was a man who will be empowered by Satan and will bring about world peace for 42 months or times time and a half (3 and 1/2 years). This, of course, happens after the rapture of the church and during the 7 year tribulation period (basically the plot in the Left Behind movies).

• James Brown
    James Brown
    2 John 1:7

New International Version (NIV)

7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

1 John 4:3

New International Version (NIV)

3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Cross references:
    1. 1 John 4:3 : 1Jn 2:22; 2Jn 7
    2. 1 John 4:3 : 1Jn 2:18
  • return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Do Christians believe that the AntiChrist will be Satan the Devil in human form?

Depends on the Christian you ask.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Anti-christs were or are people that do not believe in Jesus period nothing more, you maybe thinking of the 'Man of lawlessness'

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hhhhmmmmmm wasblind

Are you saying jehovah`s witnesses are the Antichrist ? I`ll go along with that, as the Christian Greek Scriptures clearly show Jesus is the one who all honour should go to .

smiddy

• QC
    QC

Antichrist" tag belongs to the “lawless one, mystery son of destruction” hypocrites, Christian sects clashing with the Father and Son, uncovered as fraudulent usurpers Christian of authority. 2Th 2:3-8; Ac 20:29-30 These folks are like the Pharisees Jesus reprimanded, "travel sea and land to make one proselyte…becoming one you make him more than double a son of Gehenna than you are." Mt 23:15

Likewise antichrist parishioners receive "a powerful delusion so they…believe the lie and…not the truth…delighting in wicked" false doctrines. 2Th 2:9-12

YLT 1Jn 2:22 "This… is the antichrist who is denying the Father and the Son."

CLV 1Jn 4:3 " antichrist… is now already in the world."

AV 2Jn 1:7 "For many deceivers… entered…the world… deceiver and an antichrist ."

This crowd wears Christian garb (has the look), but presents an alternate Christianity. They use the right words with a spin, a distorted understanding of the Father and Son; a deceptive illusion of Christianity.

A full blown sophisticated iterations of this antichrist crowd began in the 4 th century. JWs join this crowd under Rutherford.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wasn't it Howard Stern back in the 90s?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's whomsoever you want it to be. Just cherry pick scriptures and add ludicrous meanings to them.

I vote Simon Cowell..................he looks shifty!

• TOTH
    TOTH

I have heard varied themes as well. Satan in the flesh, the progeny of Satan, etc. I believe that the antichrist is symbolic of anyone or anything that opposes Christ (The Annointed of God), while appearing to BE Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit