Please clear up a confusion I have Do Christians believe that the AntiChrist will be Satan the Devil in human form?

by booker-t 20 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

For years I have been told different scenarios from different Christian groups about who the AntiChrist will be. Some Born Agains have told me that the AntiChrist will be Satan the Devil stripped of all his powers and trapped in a human body on earth. He will still have the same attitude and try to get people to worship him instead of Jehovah and Jesus. People will fall victim and worship the Devil and be fooled by him. But if my memory serves me correct does not the Bible teaches us that Satan and the demons will be in the "abyss" for a 1000 years unable to do anything? And if Satan is a human being will he eat food, drink water, sleep, get ill just like all humans? Something does not make sense with this interpretation.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

For years I have been told different scenarios from different Christian groups about who the AntiChrist will be

what makes you think now.. you will find a unified answer..

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

In the Bible, only whoever wrote the John letters referred to the anti-christs.

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 2 John 7

Basically a group were teaching that Jesus hadn't been fully human / a man, and that he was part God / or Divine while he was on earth.

The John author said these people were antichrist.

That's it.

Of course there's a whole other industry now, of trying to find justification for an antichrist. I partially blame the 'Left Behind', escatological trash novels by Tim LaHaye.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Some relate the king of the north in Daniel 11:36-45 to a future Anti-Christ. That king is modeled after Antiochus IV who had a murderous hatred for God's people. But as was related above, John spoke of 'many anti-christs' and that some had already put in an appearance in his time. And the MO for these anti-christs is false teaching, not rulership.

• Satanus
    Satanus

There is only one verse that mentions the antichrist? Wow, its quite an accomplishment to build an industry on one verse.

S

• Mum
    Mum

Apparently, Obama is the Anti-Christ. I have never heard that it is Satan, although that's as good a theory as any. It could be any politician or political enemy that we hate, which makes it different for everybody.

My grandmother used to say that the "mark of the beast" is a Social Security card, although she had one. I, however, believe it is Microsoft.

• Ding
    Ding

Most of the commentators I have read say that he will be empowered by Satan, not Satan in human form.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Nah, It's Pepsi. Coke is the One True Cola.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Who is the Antichrist accordin' to the WTS ? They are

" Antichrist : Antichrist means against or instead of Christ."_____Reasoning book page 32

If someone says_______

'Christians are supposed to be witnesses for jesus, not for Jehovah'

You might reply :" But here is something that may be a new thought to you....Of whom was Jesus the " Faithful Witness ? "____Reasoning book page 208

Isaiah 43:10 was quoted before the birth , death and the ressurrection of the Christ

Matthew 17:5 God says " this is my Son, the beloved, whom I approve, Listen to him "

Matthew 28:18 Jesus said all authority was given him in heaven and on earth

What did Jesus authorize ?

Acts 1:8 Jesus told his followers to be witnesses of him

Jehovah Witnesses : People who actively bear witness regarding Jehovah ( Not Jesus )_____Reasoning book page 199

• chapstick
    chapstick

While christians typically say that anti-Christ = Against Christ it can also mean "mirror image" or "reflection" of Christ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit