The Apostle Paul VS. Jesus Christ---Were They On The Same Page?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i would think there was evidence that Paul had the Holy spirit if he had that then he must have been in union with Christ.

• tec
    tec

In answer to the OP, they were not always on the exact same page... because Paul had to LEARN from Christ. Like anyone who has baggage to let go of from the wts, when they leave the wts to follow Christ, Paul faced the same thing with his previous form of worship.

Christ is the Teacher. He TEACHES. Meaning those listening to Him are learning FROM Him.

Paul learned - obviously, as he preached love, forgivness, mercy and faith... but that does not mean he knew it all from the start or made no mistakes. Never mind that even Peter (I believe it was Peter) gave warning that some of Paul's letters contained things that were hard to understand, that men twisted in their ignorance, so that this happens even today.

Peace,

tammy

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ucan,

i would think there was evidence that Paul had the Holy spirit if he had that then he must have been in union with Christ.

That don't make sense why would God send his son with an important message for mankind and then inspire someone(Paul the pharisee) to over turn those saying with a different message?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

do you think Paul had Holy spirit frankiespeakin?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ucan,

No I think he was delusional and a control freak.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

so in your view he was not a christian.

he was an apostate? out to turn people away from God's son?

I would think he was very successful with this as his letters were included in the bible and has influenced christianity.

Doesn't say much for the Holy spirit if this is true i would think.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ucan,

No in my veiw he was a christian just in the same way that people are christians today even though they follow Paul's teaching over what Jesus taught. There are many types of christians today I don't go saying are not christians just because they don't follow some preconceived idea of what a christian is.

What I am saying is that Paul form of christianity is different from what Jesus taught.

I hope that makes it simpler for you to understand as you seem to have some black and white thinking going on about the term christian.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

do you think christians get holy spirit?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ucan,

You keep asking silly pointless question IMO.

• minimus
    minimus

Very thoughtful points,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit