Why do some of the YouTube video creators remind current Jws that they should not be,..

by notjustyet 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

....watching their videos?

I am a subscriber to quite a few of the ex jw YouTube channels and I enjoy many of the videos. I do cringe a bit when I hear the person in the video remind the JW that they "Should not be watching these videos as it is against the rules and council of the WTBTS, GB, elders taking the lead, etc,.."

I'm probably making an assumption that the videos are to allow the current Jws to wake up and see that the teachings of the WTBTS is not endorsed by a god, any god. So why would you scare them away from being able to see your fine work and explanations?

I imagine some Jws that are in the teetering point of being able to take a peek at some "APOSTATE" material and happen to stumble on one of these videos that right up front scare them back into the arms of caring mother.

Believe me, there is not a Jw in the WORLD that does not know that they are not supposed to be watching videos that are critical of the WTBTS as it is drilled into the brains of the JWS constantly. The last thing they need at that point is an in video reminder that they are making Jehovah sad and Satan happy by continuing to watch. I believe in neither Jehovah or Satan but you get what I'm coming from. They believe in them and that is your audience that you usually want to continue viewing your entire video.

Am I missing something here?

NJY

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Reverse psychology? Or the lure of the forbidden fruit?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm going with forbidden fruit. It's like telling a child not to touch something. Oh you know they're just gonna touch it.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

But in this case, they are already watching it, they have made it past that point.

The GB has been telling them not to touch it for decades and now they have got the courage to watch one and Bamm, they get reminded that they are doing something that they will die for doing.

I think it might be more of a "us against them" scenario where the ex kinda does not like the current Jw and they can bust their balls for doing this. But I think they fail to remembers that they actually want them to watch the video, not to leave.

I think that they forget the real objective, that being to share info with the lurkers to help them leave the WTBTS, and have a " gotcha now be atch" moment and include that in the recording.

For any that have made videos and have includede a statement like mentioned above, please share your reason for doing so , IF your objective is for the viewer to watch this video and more in the future.

NJY

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"IF your objective is for the viewerto watch this video and more in the future." .. IF? What else could their objective be? Who would bother to prepare a video, or even a series of them, in order to scare someone into not watching them again?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I think they do it out of a sense or irony. They point it out to to get the viewer to think about the irony of their situation, to highlight just how much jws ARE under these men's control so the viewer thinks, 'hey, we really are followers of men...'

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm going with forbidden fruit. It's like telling a child not to touch something. Oh you know they're just gonna touch it. ____Josie

Yep. Like stealin' a piece of cake at night , when we thought our mom was asleep

best tastin' cake ever

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Or sneaking a piece of candy from mom's secret stash. Best candy ever!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I think it so they don't have to engage a JW apologist in an endless debate, where the JW just goes round and and round with circular reasoning and refuses to listen to the sound reasoning and clear logic that the 'apostate' is using.

Have you seen some of the comments on these YouTube videos? The JWs are deluded and arrogant, they will never learn and they refuse to take an objective and critical look at their religion. It is frustrating.

So by putting that reminder at the start of the video, all observers can see that the JW who is engaging the 'apostate' in a debate has automatically made himself a hypocrite by disobeying the rules of his own beliefs.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Great point.. I'd never think that deep ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit