Why do some of the YouTube video creators remind current Jws that they should not be,..

by notjustyet 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

notjustyet - I try to avoid using that reasoning because, apart from anything else, it sounds like you have nothing better to say. However, it does demonstrate that even professed "loyal" Witnesses can excuse themselves when it comes to flouting the Governing Body's clearly expressed rules - which essentially makes them hypocrites if they are denouncing someone for doing the exact same thing in a different way.

But I agree, there are far more constructive ways to engage people.

My personal modus operandi on YouTube is to post positive comments on Witness videos - nothing too fancy, just "Interesting video!" or something like that. I had one person contact me on facebook saying she woke up from indoctrination after clicking on my channel name and watching a few of the videos I had liked - so it does work.

Cedars

• alanv
    alanv

I think it is a valid point that we don't want to be reminding them that they should not be watching the video. Instead maybe tell them you appreciate them taking the time to view the video and hope it will help them to make a decision on their future.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

"all observers can see that the JW who is engaging the 'apostate' in a debate has automatically made himself a hypocrite by disobeying the rules of his own beliefs."

Good point! I think that might be right on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit