New Job

by LouBelle 43 Replies latest jw friends

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Reading this really made my day.. I hope that your life will be far happier in the future. Congratulations :)

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hi everyone, again thank you so much for your words of encouragement.

I had a two part strategy for the meeting. The 2nd phase would be If they refused to let me go I would go with the attacking plan and had the ammo to back me up: breach of contract, break down in trust, dishonesty etc.

I am happy to say it didn't come to that. I went in , told them I was recording the meeting for the safety of everyone so that nothing could be added too or taken away. They were happy with that. I then went on to explain that I needed job security and that currently I was not getting that, that I couldn't live on half a salary and that though I knew they were going through financial difficulty they never said they wouldn't pay me, just that it would be a week late - maxium.

They released me from my contract immediately as they didn't have a leg to stand on (they had breached the contract from the very first month and had continued to do so) Plus becuase they hadn't paid their phone bill I couldn't continue to make calls. I made sure that I showed them all the proposals I had sent, gave them all them all the emails and potential clients to be contacted. I also backed up everything I had done and sent onto my personal usb (just in case)

I have a few days off before I start my new job. I am really excited about it and already hve some great ideas to start selling. For the first time in a long time I go forward with hope - something I haven't had for about 18 months.

I'm feeling strong. That is always good.

Again - thank you to everyone that has listened, that has given me support and encourgement - it has really helped me through those dark dark days and I am so grateful. I hope that one day I can get to see some of you face to face and we can share a drink/meal/stories and laughter.

Love you all

• mind blown
    mind blown

It seems this way for everyone starting a new job. Right in the begining we're a bit stressed, then before you know it, you'll be in the goove in no time saying all the worrying for nothing......CONGRATS

• cofty
    cofty

That's great news Lou, I'm so happy for you.

Enjoy your time off and all the best for your new job.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Woohoo. I hope it really goes well for you. You deserve a change of fortune.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

You have turned a corner:

Standing up to your jdub "family", action to get your health back, and now a new job!

All the best Hon. Get yourself some flowers to mark the occasion.

HB

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeah!

S

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

Congratulations LouBelle!

x gorgia

• humbled
    humbled

It's been great that you have slogged through all this trouble to GET ON! and you have.

Thanks for keeping us up on your story. It helps us all. Good luck.

Maeve

• Dagney
    Dagney

So glad it went well and that chapter is behind you. You did it smart and respectful.

Congrats on the new job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit