How much money did you give the Watchtower?

by Emery 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hit and miss. I mostly forgot, and if they brought it up in a talk I'd not do it because it I would only be doing it because of the talk. I was a stingy forgetter. No regrets.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I was the accounts servant for about 3 years...I HATED that job, looked for every excuse to be done with it, finally got married and moved out of town for about 6 months...That did it! ;-)

That being said...I hardly gave anything, a random 20 or 10 every now and then. I did feel guilty about it...but as many humans, I am a good rationalizer! So I talked myself out of feeling too guilty.

Some brothers and sisters contributed the exact same amount to ea. fund seperately every month, like it was a bill that they budgeted for.

Glad I never wasted too much money.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

I stopped donating regularly many years ago - when our Kingdom Hall was renovated and I noticed irregularities with the numbers. No one could or would answer my questions about it. I've been a business woman and that is NOT how business is done. I knew right away something was up.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Nothing... I preferred to put that money towards a pair of new shoes...

• designs
    designs

I sent checks regularly, then I started asking for the money to be spent on humanitartian aid and that is when I got the LETTER back that- No the money was going into the general fund only, that ended all contributions.

• blondie
    blondie

We donated $75 a month for the utilities. Our KH was paid off. It was a tax writeoff. No money to the worldwide work.

• venetian
    venetian

Nothing. Nada. Ziltch.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Far too much, I had a monthly direct debit so they could get the tax relief too.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I didnt think that I gave much at all, and then I became accounts servant, and realised that I contributed 10% of the total contributions.

(congregation of around 100 publishers)

It must have been a really tight congregation. Second thoughts, they probably got their values right.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I donated all together probably about $300 to the watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit