How much money did you give the Watchtower?

by Emery 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Emery
    Emery

When you were a believer did you give large donations to the Society? If so how much did you give? I know an elder who's a Chiropractor and he generously gives $400-800 a month to the Society. I’d hate to be that guy if he ever learns the TTATT.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Way too much... thanks for reminding me... geez...

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

like $10 for about 25 years rofl.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Too much. But I stopped donating around 2001 when I was only 19 and before I entered gainful employment. So I was only donating pocket money, maybe a couple of hundred pounds in total. I feel sorry for people who have donated thousands before coming to their senses.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Not much as in very little, it's my time that I gave them that I really regret.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello emery:

You made me think how many of us have life insurance policies written out to the Society if we die. Guess what,

if you don't change that then they'll get all that money if you die. So I urge anyone who has a policy get in touch

with your agent and have them canceled out for good.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

maybe like $5 every month. No way to spend way too much money. It is mine!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

On the plus side I'm pretty sure I have ordered literature that costs more than what I donated, including multiple large books, Bibles, CDs, deluxe Bibles and so on. Towards the end I liked ordering stuff without paying just to deplete Watchtower resources.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Much too much when I was unaware about the WTS assets.

After a NewYork newspaper "Newsday" listed The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society as one of the wealthiest businesses in NY I pretty much stopped donating regularly.

Also had named WTS as a beneficiary on my IRA until I woke up over a year ago.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Anything over $0.01 is way too much. But I was only good for maybe $40 to $50 per year. The last 2 or so years maybe $20.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit