Time for this Newbie to say - Hello everyone!

by SeventhSojourn 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• SeventhSojourn
    SeventhSojourn

In just the several months I've been lurking here, I have benefited from many of the posters comments and viewpoints. This is truly a special place for the unique community that has been created here.

After years of holding off my exit from the org (that may be another post) I recently became officially out (by letter of DA), but it was a very difficult process as many of you know. Thankfully, I now have my wife (was also a witness) onboard and we support each other. I wore many hats in the org, was in deep, a good J-bot I was. Although none of my family members are witnesses (with exception of a distant stepchild and in-laws I never see), when the trigger was pulled on the shun gun I lost a close friend (so I thought) of over 20 years. I drank a lot of kool-aid over my 30+ years in the bubble. So now, like many here, I'm going through the phases of the WTS detox and the adjustment process. I think the longer and deeper your in the org the harder it must be to recover. But to be free again, to think again, to find myself again, to maybe help others - priceless!

The insights and support found here can seem like an oasis in the desert. So my greetings and thanks to Simon, those who help keep this site functioning, and all you forum members who bring it to life. I have already bookmarked several threads to read and post on. You can get addicted to this place - but in a good way!

SeventhSojourn

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

im sure im not one of the inspiring posters but howdiddly doo neighbor?

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Seventh Sojourn, welcome to you and sister Sojourn. You're the envy of alot of guys what with the support of your wife in your exit from WT world and all! Look forward to more of your posts.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome! :) glad to have you. Hang in there. Life gets better. Enjoy your time with your wife now.

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

Hello, Glad you broke free from the cult. Live and love life with your family man. I love reading threads here nightly because we are all part of a unique community of people (ex-jw's) and even though people are all over the grid here personality wise, they get eachother. I honestly don't think i could ever talk to someone about how my life was screwed up because of a religion who has never been a witness. But here i can read the post and instantly relate. So welcome and congratulations on getting your life back!

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Seventh... a big welcome to you & the Mrs!

>

Being able to breathe fresh air again is priceless,

congrats on your escape! Even after 50 yrs stuck in, it

is a wonderous thing to use my brain again & think my own thoughts.

>

Looking forward to hearing all about you & the family.

Greetings from western Canada.

clarity

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome SeventhSojourn, Best of wishes for a successful fade with your wife and family.

Although the Shun Gun is the WTBTS's most powerful BITE control weapon, you will discover with time about overcoming many layers of BITE control phobias in your mind. If you want to heal faster, I would recommend reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visiting his website www.freedomofmind.com, and/or watching his videos.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Welcome Seventh Sojourn, so glad you have your wife with you too. My husband and I DA'd, a very difficult experience as you say. Enjoy your freedom!

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome aboard and congratulation to you and wife for having the guts to pull away from the watchtower.

Not being slaves will bring much more happiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit