7 graphs that prove America is overrated

by Simon 152 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Before the usual suspects start reaching for the pich-forks and forming a mob, I invite you to actually read and consider this, not just leap to conclusions.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/130607/7-graphs-america-overrated-nsa-prism-privacy

Why do I care? Well ... someone has to. It seems the people being screwed the most are also the most visciferous defenders of the status quo which sees them being severely disadvantaged.

Maternity leave? Healthcare? Vacations? Equal rights? Clean environment? Safe environment?

You're supposed to get these things, you are getting a raw deal !!

Someone has stolen the American dream and put something else in it's place but you're still making the payments on it ...

• darthfader
    darthfader

Well I went to that page and immediately got a whole bunch of weird "anti-virus" warnings. I'm running an up to date Norton with the latest definitions loaded. So I know I'm not hacked, but that page is VERY suspicious.

• Simon
    Simon

See if this helps any ...

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I had no problem viewing the page. It won't go down well with those who think its the 'best country in the world'...

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

America-bashing again, Simon? Oops, I mean U.S.A.-bashing.

I often heard the rumor that Canadians in general despise Americans. And the Brits (I think you're one of those too?) hate Amerticans even more. Guess it's true, given how quick you are to post anything that denigrates us.

Maybe you should ban Americans from JWN and only allow Brits, Canadians and Aussies to snuggle together.

" Why do I care? Well ... someone has to. "

Worry about your own country. We'll manage on our own. We always do.

• Simon
    Simon

And there we have it ... the typical stock response "you're bashing us, wah"

Why do you take this as an attack on you?

Are you your country?

Can't you see that it a conditioned response?

Why defend the setup that gives you the worse deal?

I just don't understand the mentality. Americans are normally so forthright about standing up for values and justice etc... but suddenly all roll over. I just don't get it.

Please explain why you defend the way you're treated when comparisons show it's sometimes the worse.

Do Brits, Canadians and Aussies feel the need to defend their country when their getting a raw deal from them?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Funny how everyone in the world keeps on banging on how horrible the ole USA is......

and yet they keep busting down the door to get in here!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Simon: " Why defend the setup that gives you the worse deal? "

I'm not defending "the setup" or saying the U.S. is the greatest country that ever existed. We know we're hated. We know we have our problems. We know what they are. We don't need outsiders gleefully pointing them out in the guise of "caring" about us.

• 5go
    5go

Sorry but the US is way overated on just abut everything. I applied for a job and got a job were they couldn't find anyone qulaifiaed to fix simple devices. At my last job we had firing lots of people beuase they could do simple task that high school should of taught them. I am technically a drop and yet can do them becuase I was self taught and still love to learn. Which is something the US education system does everything to discourage.

• Simon
    Simon

Why do you chose to interpret this as 'hate'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit