Elders won't stop bugging

by El_Guapo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It will stop after the CO visits. They aren't that interested themselves or they would have visited more before this. Once the CO leaves, they won't have any reason to come by, especially since you are never home, they won't want to waste any more time. By the next CO visit you will be off the radar.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I like the idea of asking for cash .

That will flush out whether they really care .

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

CO visit. They need to cross you off the list. They came at me when the CO came around. I was out of town on buisness so that killed itself. Once the CO visit was over......didn't hear a peep.

So find out when the visit is, and just put them off until after that. Then you won't have to worry about it.

• label licker
    label licker

We get our CO visit next week. We've gotton only one phone call to warn us that elders are going aroung asking ones what we talk to them about and that they are allowed to say hello to us but that's it. We're not df'd or have disassociated ourselves ,,,,,yet! None of them have even come up here to see us and it's been a year. These elders have also been to our last hall to dig up dirt on us and had the nerve to bring the gossip back and share it with ones who aren't even members. Gossip that doesn't even come close as to why we left the other hall. They've had a whole year to try and find something on us and now they are scumming the bottom of the barrel and still can't find anything. When they do then we get in touch with bethel and in person. Might as well go out with a bang.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Yup CO visit...I filed a harrassment complaint the week of last CO visit with police. Been left alone since

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

You know when the dude in the suit comes round and offers to sell you the 'super vac'..... You take a leaflet and let him Hoover your favourite Rug whilst you sip a White Russian...... Then you say no thanks and he says please, and you say sorry no and he's like, its on offer and your like nope... The dude abides.

3 and a half weeks later and its audit time with the area manager....he looks at his list of cold calls, he sees your name. He remebers you took a leaflet and wated his time with your rug....it was nice, kinds finished off the room....anyway...He calls you on the phone....."hey man.....how are you." He will never care how you are, that's not why he called.... Wait 30 seconds and see his motive....

Watchtower makes money through its size in numbers, these extra numbers need a hall and lots of literature... It needs numbers. You are just a potential number to bring back...... A stat....... You are a potential sale...... Nothing more.

these people are selfish parasites, but they are just people. Don't want them in your life? Tell them. Its that simple.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Simply ignore them. If cornered, act apathetic.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Similar thought: Simply ignore them. If cornered, tell them that you'd heard some knocking and had gotten phone calls, but suspect that it was demons, or worse... apostates! Tell them that you are afraid of the contamination of apostates within the organization and so have been studying and praying at home so that no imperfect humans can come between you and god.

Otherwise, the suggestion to ask for a cash loan would be really interesting.

• biometrics
    biometrics

After you miss a few memorials they get the message.

Just before the 2013 memorial I had three elders personally come to my house to deliver an invite. When I didn't show another elder came over a few days later to tell me my absence was an affrontment to Jehovah and the brothers.

We then discussed the memorial. I asked questions like:

If Christ told his disciples to do it until he returns, and he returned invisibly in 1914, why is the memorial still held?

Were there any "other sheep" attending the first memorial with Christ?

If Jesus instructed the 144,000 class to "keep doing this as a rememberance of me", why do the "other sheep" need to attend?

This went on for 30 minutes until he left.

Haven't heard from them since.

• Shador
    Shador
    If Jesus instructed the 144,000 class to "keep doing this as a rememberance of me", why do the "other sheep" need to attend?

Interesting fact. The congregation I am in serves a prison. In fact, I'm one of those who go there every weekend.

Despite the fact that there are baptized witnesses (not DFd, converted behind bars) in the prison, the elders have made no effort to try to organize the memorial there. When asked why, they said that there was no need to fuss with because the brothers at the prison were not annointed.

So why the hell do we hold it every year ourselves? After all, there are no annointed in our congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit