Elders won't stop bugging

by El_Guapo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

So I haven't been to a meeting since last December. The elders recently have come over to my house at random times of day and during the week and one weekends. Just to let you know, I have only had one visit since December. Why the sudden interest? My guess, the C.O. might be coming soon and they are going to be grilled about me going inactive. I don't open the door, but they don't get the hint. My phone has also suddenly been "blowing up"

Any ideas on why the interest, will avoiding them work?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Tell them you're depressed and having financial difficulties. Can they help?

When they offer to pray, say, "I don't need a prayer. I can do that! I need cash, cold-hard cash!!!"

• jgnat
    jgnat

I agree it is likely an upcoming CO's visit. Surely at some point they will tire out. Have they crossed the line to harrassment yet? You could check with your local police station and if necessary, issue a restraining order.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

CO visit is it. I always got bugged around that time.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Ignore someone long enough .. it has to work, unless......they are really really really dense .. so it may not! LOL

Let's see he hasn't been to meetings .. show some love, if that doen't work .. threaten him .. everything they do is based on the bible LOL

good luck !

• paladin
    paladin

The Elders want to ask you loyalty questions or loaded questions about the oranization. If you mention something negative, then you might be invited to a JC. I told one of our Elders I have health problems and decided not to have anything more to with sheperding calls.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I feel your pain Guapo- the same thing happened to me before I left for good. I sent the elders a group txt saying that "I was not in need of a shepherding call and hoped they could spend more of their time with their families and not to waste it on me" and it worked just fine.

• sspo
    sspo

Tell them everything is ok, you're doing just fine and as soon as you need them you will give them a call.

Be stubborn as they are and avoid their visit.

Eventually they'll get the message.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Keep doing what you are doing. Unless they pay your bills, you have absolutely no obligation to give them any of your time...

(This was an attempt to say nicely f#@k them!)

• sir82
    sir82

Definitely CO visit.

Didn't you used to be an elder or MS until recently? Is it the same CO as when you were last in that capacity?

Maybe he asked about you last visit, and is expecting an update with this visit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit