What you THINK ... v What you KNOW ....

by *lost* 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

About 14 years ago I saw a woman who was walking her dog get attacked by another woman. I lived on the third floor of an apartment building and my apartment faced the street. I called 911 and yelled out my window that I had done so. The attacking woman got in her car and hit the woman with the dog (the dog was ok) while I was on the phone with 911 who I promptly told what just happened. I then ran down to the woman who got hit. She was in a daze walking and talking but the ony thing she kept saying was a group of numbers. I got her to sit down, told her help was on the way and felt her head. She had a huge knot on her head. There was a man out there also but he was a friend of the stupid woman who ran the other woman down. I was so pissed I could have hit him. This all happened late at night and I was in my nightgown and robe. And the reason why the woman kept repeating a group of numbers was it was her badge number and she was a San Francisco cop.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I would get as far away as possible so I could not be touched and screech, "I am calling 911 now" as I dial 911. This has happened many times in my life. If you get sucked in, you can't get help. I am not a man. Most men can take me. My screech is formidable. Countless men have told they tried to help a victim of domestic violence and the woman being beaten turned on them and beat the crap out of them.

I would never tell the offenders don't do it here. As in, Don't do in Central Park but it is perfectly all right to beat a woman unconscious at home. Beating small creatures at home is perfectable acceptable just don't do it in public. Next, I am fighting with the men who scream that advice.

It is always good to know the exact location of the nearest police precinct and the name of the captain.

• *lost*
    *lost*

The young man was my brother, it is one of the proudest memories I have of him. He was willing to put himself in danger,

to assist an elderly lady, and do the right thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit