Slowly Awakening at the DC 2013

by breakfast of champions 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

great news about your wife BoC

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

So what kind of questions/points could I make on the way over to get her in the right frame of mind, more receptive to post convention discussions?

I really didn't do anything specific to "prime" my wife beforehand. . . except with the apostate talk. I told her to listen carefully because its all true and they will describe me to a 'T'!

I also told her that old lawyers saying someone posted here. . . " If the facts are on your side, argue the facts. If the law is on your side, argue the law. If neither the facts or the law are on your side, make an ad hominem attack"

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Breakfast of Champions:

Nice to hear this good news. I hope your wife sees the real truth for what it is. Congradulations! Keep pumping in the good words your saying to her and maybe someday soon she'll join us. Take care.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

I came away from the 2001 DC with the exact same feeling as your wife. The 'Korah' drama in particular made me nauseous. It was the last DC I ever attended.

Vidiot said:

"'Cause they're feeling threatened."

I never thought of it that way, but that's an excellent insight. I have a feeling that the 7-day WTS conventions that took place during the JW heyday of the 1950s and 1960s didn't include hysterical, hateful rantings about apostates and endless empty platitudes about the need to remain loyal loyal loyal (or maybe they did LOL). Things were looking GOOD in WTS-land back in those days. The average JW was excited, enthusiastic, a million miles from ever dreaming of falling away. Not so much these days apparently.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Splash: One talk was stressing how we need to keep up to date with all of the new teachings, otherwise we "would be teaching falsehoods" (speakers actual words).

If it's a "falsehood" now, it was a "falsehood" then!

Nice catch!!!

• Mum
    Mum

Good progress! The last convention I remember attending was about fear. They were talking about how "safe" everyone was inside Jehovah's organization and how dangerous it would be in the world. I had already left by then, so I was not starry-eyed about it in the first place.

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

ill be at the dc in winston salem next week,ill have to take some barf bags with me.thinking of ways to annoy the ones sitting around me.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Of course they have to be threatening. They demand to be treated like prophets after proving that they're frauds, and nobody is allowed to question their flip-flopping teachings even those most dubs can't keep straight what the nulite is.

WT leadership is following the example of any number of dictators that will use propaganda and violence. Anyone that isn't 100% following the party is an enemy of the state, a traitor that deserves to be killed. At WT, anyone that isn't 100% following the "faithful slave" is an apostate, a satanist that deserves to be ripped away from their friends and family.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Your wife will see that what you say is true, rather than mentally diseased rantings. If she's a ponderer, these things will stick with her and she'll get to the point where she sees very clearly and leaves. I really hope she does!

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Great stuff, I hope my missus comes around the same way.... Congratulations!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit