Pets are false gods

by Rattigan350 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

After more than 25 in this shitty club called a religion I got myself a cat. Yes it is true, the CO critized my mother because she got us a cat back in the day.

From all what I have learned about WT$ and Jehovah, I come to the following conclusion:

I would rather knee down and literally worship my cat than this scumbag of god, even if he existed!

My cat is my god!!! There you have it! Governing Body pieces of shit.

Picture of her:

cat

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The idea that a pet can become a god to a "true Christian" is nothing new. Articles have been cited here that are at least 40 years old but the WBT$ taught that ANYTHING and ANYONE who is loved as much as Jehovah has become your GOD long before that. My parents were taught by the Rutherford Bible and Tract Society. Thay had contempt for pets and the people who loved them, saying those ones were "weak in the faith". When I demonstrated that I parented my children with love instead of the way I was raised, my mother and aunt said I had made GODS out of my children!!! Good JWs are robots without natural affection. Mission accomplished.

• Glander
    Glander

I won't take time look it up, but there is an account in the Bible of a shepard who made a pet of one of his lambs. The lamb became like a daughter to him. But the master came and chose the lamb to be slaughtered for a feast. The lesson was that the master was cruel and insisitive.

edit. 2 Samuel 12:3 : … 2 "The rich man had a great many flocks and herds. 3 "But the poor man had nothing except one little ewe lamb Which he bought and nourished; And it grew up together with him and his children. It would eat of his bread and drink of his cup and lie in his bosom, And was like a daughter to him. 4 "Now a traveler came to the rich man, And he was unwilling to take from his own flock or his own herd, To prepare for the wayfarer who had come to him; Rather he took the poor man's ewe lamb and prepared it for the man who had come to him."…

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit