Pets are false gods

by Rattigan350 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I"m listening to the 2013 DC Green Bay Saturday talk on False Gods.

The speaker says no one would knowingly worship false deities. But could we inadvertantly give Jehovah less than exclusive devotion he deserves.

He said:You have not allowed this deception power of sin to sensual desires, material comforts, PETS, technology, entertainment or food to become objects of devotion to you.

Anything that interferes with our spiriutal routine has the power of eroding or weaking our relationship with Jehovah.

Really?

My dogs can erode my relationship with Jehovah. Maybe because I would rather spend time with then then the people at the Hall because my dogs

have unconditional love and are not judgmental. Dogs need food, water, instruction and caring and teaching just like children.

What may hurt my relationship with Jehovah is realizing that humans that make things upgrade them.

Jehovah created dogs but why not make dog 2.0 that can talk.

They grow and mature and learn faster than humans, but never were given that part of the brain that can form language.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jesus!

• Glander
    Glander

These idiots are desparate. Wonder how many loving pets are now being dumped in the woods?

They are thinning out those in the org with any little bit of brain matter remaining, it causes problems.

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

thousands are slaughtering their pets right now to convert them into light lunches for dc and ca s lol

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

There are worse gods than pets to devote onself to. At least they give something back.

• new22day
    new22day

My face hurts from the FACE PALM!!!

• earthfire
    earthfire

They are going to leave no hope, no joy, no reason to like anything about this world for remaining witnesses. Maybe in the new system you can have that pet but not now. I think this explains the lack of joy I witnessed at my sisters wedding. They're just not happy people.

• blondie
    blondie

*** g72 7/8 pp. 6-8 Getting a Balanced View of Pets ***

Need for Caution

If we are concerned about pleasing God in our lives, there is need for caution with regard to the pets we may have. We may note that a wrong attitude toward the animal creation was involved in the first woman’s fall into rebellion against God. She let herself be swayed by words appearing to come from the mouth of a serpent, a creature instinctively “cautious,” yet still an ‘unreasoning animal.’—Gen. 3:1-6.

Throughout the centuries since, false worship has often involved a wrong view of animal creation. Crocodiles, baboons and bulls have been kept in temples, there being bathed, perfumed and fed the finest of foods, while humans in the same area lived in wretched conditions with hunger. Mighty nations have taken a certain animal or bird as the proud symbol of their government and people, jealously venerating that animalistic symbol.

Even though not deifying an animal as sacred, what if we should treat a pet animal as though it were virtually on a level with humans? What if we showed even greater interest and concern for it than we did for other humans, slighting their interests on behalf of the animal? What if we were willing to go to great lengths and expense to alleviate animal suffering in general but failed to ‘love our neighbor as ourselves’ and compassionately aid others in the way God’s Son did while on earth? (Mark 6:34) In any such case, would this not be putting the animal in a position where it does not belong?

While perhaps rare, cases are reported of persons who let their pet animal sit at the meal table with them and eat from a plate with the human members of the household. Some persons make out wills bequeathing sums running into thousands of dollars for the care of some pet animal. Others will go to great expense to keep alive some aged and diseased animal, even risk endangering the health of others in the home by retaining the animal there.

We may recall that the inspired writer Jude expresses God’s condemnation and judgment of those angels that “did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place,” doing that which was “unnatural” to their spirit nature and divinely assigned status. (Jude 6, 7) When humans attempt to elevate animals to a human level they are, in fact, degrading themselves, not keeping the dignified, superior position in which God originally placed man. At the same time they are putting the animals in a relationship that is “out of place” with God’s purpose, in an “unnatural” one with man.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Pets need to learn about jehovah. Then, they will be (jw) human safe. Take them to meetings w you;)

S

• Unicorns
    Unicorns

I have three pets. Suddenly my atheism makes sense. Guess I better pack my babies off to the SPCA, or there won't be any paradise for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit